Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Video not outputting correctly................

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm running 10.8.3 and I have a mycinq screen plugged in as well as a projector plugged. Whenever I try to go full screen vdj moves it to the mycinq screen and not out to the projector. How can I move to the projector and not on to the mycinq screen??

Posté Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 10:27 am
You might have set your max resolution of your video-out to a higher resolution than your projector can handle. Try limiting the resolution of your Video-Out to the max res of your projector. Your monitor will adapt to the lower resolution.

Posté Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 10:48 am
I send 800x600 to my up scaler and let that do the work then out to my projectors . The Cinq screen sets itself. It's like VDJ doesn't even see the projector. Only happens with VDJ where as all the other programs I've tried work or they at least let me choose where to output to.

In the video tab I see "window" or "display", other programs give me 3 options, windowed, display 1 and display 2.

Posté Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 10:58 am
And if you disable the upscaler?

Posté Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 11:21 am
Will try it when I get home tonight....

Thanks for the speedy replies by the way.

EDIT, Wait I tried that last night and it's still the same, VDJ will only go full screen on the Cinq screen.

Posté Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 11:32 am
Hold on: I missed a part....
You're using multiple video outs where VDJ uses only 2: main and video-out. (That's why you see only Display as external video-out)
Run into identical problems a long time ago and solved it by using a VGA video-splitter. That's why I came up with the suggestion of using your projector's resolution as highest video-out resolution.

AFAIK there's no possibility to use the videocard's extra video-out.

Posté Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 12:07 pm
Hmm, the Cinq screen is a usb display so I don't think a splitter will work here. I guess I can't use it when using a projector then. Maybe something will have changed and make it possible with VDJ 8??

Posté Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 12:13 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Huey, The problem might be that your Cinq is detected as Display 2 and your projector (upscaler) is Display 3.

What happens if you start your system without the Cinq initially plugged in?

Hook-up everything like normal but leave the Cinq unplugged.
Wait until Windows is up and running, look at your Display Settings and you should see 2 displays.
- Your main display (1) and the system's secondary output [VGA|S-video|HDMI] to the Upscaler (2).
Plug-in the Cinq and it should be detected as a third display (3).

Now when you run VirtualDJ the two options should be 'window' and your video card's secondary output.

If I am right the issue is simply a process order. VirtualDJ currently is limited to just Displays 1 & 2 beyond that I am pretty sure it doesn't see anything else. With the Cing connected at startup it is most like getting set as Display 2 and why VirtualDJ is going to the Cinq.

Posté Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 10:15 am
Makes sense, will definitely give this a try tonight and report back.

Thanks for the time and info
Huey

Posté Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 11:58 am
It's a no go, as soon as I plug the Cinq screen in VDJ's output automatically switches to it.

I really hope this is fixed in 8.

Posté Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 8:40 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)