Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet What is the best setting for Latency?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello fellow DJ's I am a beginner DJ and just started using the software and I am completely clueless as to what latency really is, and what setting to leave it at. I am using a Numark DJ I/O with ASIO driver and in the ASIO latency settings there is an option that ranges from like 64m/s to like 2048 m/s I dont know what they mean or which is high or which is low. I haven't found a crystal clear explanation on what latency is and how to set it. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Posté Fri 16 Aug 13 @ 5:19 pm
Set it at the lowest number where your computer plays sound without it crackling or breaking up. That's it basically!

Keith

Posté Fri 16 Aug 13 @ 5:46 pm
Basically it is just the amount of time it take's from when you press a button to when you can hear it audible in your speakers. So the lower the numbers are you will get a better response time. Meaning better accuracy. But will also consume more computer resources and could cause the problems stated above.

I was in your place not long ago(feels like). It takes time to learn. Use google and you will find plenty of better explanations. A lot of which will direct to this site anyway. Good Luck!

Posté Sat 17 Aug 13 @ 2:11 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)