Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Popping and crackling

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi. I am running the lastest version of VDJ on an Acer aspire Z5801 all in one 23" touchscreen thingy
i5 2400s
64 bit
4GB RAM
Windows7
Wireless keyboard and mouse

External USB soundcard XLR into a Soundcraft desk.

On the last two gigs after about 3-4 hours of playing it suddenly plays very distorted. Starts not too bad, but then gets worse. Had to quickly cross fade to a track on my phone! If you close the software and open it again, all fine.
Before I start changing everything what are your thoughts? It had been working fine. I don't DJ very much, but probably donw about 5 previous gigs ok on this machine.
thanks

Posté Tue 20 Aug 13 @ 10:31 am
magic_dave wrote :
External USB soundcard

OK but which make and model?

Is it a professional ASIO compatible interface or a cheap consumer/domestic model?

If it's a pro ASIO interface, what are your ASIO buffer/latency settings?

Posté Tue 20 Aug 13 @ 10:53 am
You might need to look into some kind of cooling method. In the forums I know of more than one user of Acer computer's with overheating issues.

Posté Tue 20 Aug 13 @ 12:02 pm
groovindj wrote :
magic_dave wrote :
External USB soundcard

OK but which make and model?

Is it a professional ASIO compatible interface or a cheap consumer/domestic model?

If it's a pro ASIO interface, what are your ASIO buffer/latency settings?

Have to admit it's a cheap one. Happy to buy a 'proper' one, is there a common one that we all use?

Posté Thu 22 Aug 13 @ 5:26 am
There's no single "industry standard" interface that the majority use.

There are thousands of pro level audio interfaces on the market, at all price levels. Some standalone, some built into controllers.

How are you cueing at the moment?

If you get yourself an interface with at least two stereo outputs, you could either use one output for the master & the other for cue.......or you could config VDJ to send each deck to its own separate output, send both to the Soundcraft and cue on the mixer (if it has that capability).

The alternative is to buy a USB MIDI DJ controller/mixer with a built in audio interface. Be aware though that some of the cheaper models do not use ASIO.

Posté Thu 22 Aug 13 @ 6:01 am
I am monitoring using the pc headphone socket at the moment with moulded IEM. Works just fine.
I'm not a club dj so don't get into heavy beat matching and mixing.
Going to try either an ESI or creative one.
Thanks

Posté Sat 24 Aug 13 @ 3:55 am
magic_dave wrote :
Going to try either an ESI or creative one.
Thanks

ESI yes, but not Creative. They are a consumer brand, making products for the domestic market.

Take a step up, not sideways!

Posté Sat 24 Aug 13 @ 4:14 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)