Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Video Borders selectable per song

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Although many new video tracks are formatted to fit a widescreen (16:9) TV, many older tracks (esp 70s 80s and 90s) are still narrow screen (4:3), I would like an option to set borders on a per song basis (Perhaps in FIle Info, where if you tick 4:3 then VDJ would add borders on the right and left of the video screen)

I have tried all the video resizing plugins available but they are only handy if you want all your videos resized or you're constantly watching the output to activate/deactivate plugin.

The inbuilt options don't automatically follow every kind of video file for me, so a pre-track option would work better IMO

Posté Thu 29 Aug 13 @ 7:25 pm
In config in VDJ, you can set it to retain Aspect under the video tab.

Essential Media also allows scale modes for Stretch and Aspect. Aspect retains the aspect ratio of the video and will apply borders when needed and no resizing is necessary. From the media tab, videos are marked as stretch initially, but that can be changed and will be remembered.

The thing about items in the media tab though, is the borders will show thru and there is no option to change this right now but its coming.

The latest feature added to EM is the Carousel Tab. This is a slideshow feature for both images and video. This works by reading files out of a folder. This feature does alllow you to black out the backgrounds so borders will not be transparent. Scale options for carousel are Stretch, Aspect, No Scale, Tile, and Mirror.

EM 2.6 with carousel feature is not officially up yet but you can give it test run here:

http://sms.pangolin.com/temp/EssentialMediaSetup.exe

Posté Thu 29 Aug 13 @ 10:08 pm
The options for aspect in config dont work too well with mixed video types and ive never had much good use out of them, as for installing more pluggins like EM, well could it be set differently for different videos??

just a simple per file option within virtualdj would be great.

Posté Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 11:47 am
I think when 8 comes out you might be able to do what you want as far as the borders goes but for right now I'd use EM for the borders. It's a solid plugin.

Posté Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 12:20 pm
From the media tab, each media item can be set to stretch, aspect, or no scale individually. These are remembered and can be saved or loaded in groups of 48 at any time.

The carousel / slideshow works a bit different. There is a global setting for stretch, aspect, no scale, mirror, or tile

EM automatically converts cdg files to transparent so they can be used as overlays.

The installer for EM also installs a preliminary version of Essential Karaoke. I am about to update this, but it allows output of camera and playlist video to separate windows which I think you asked about elsewhere.

The 2.6 version is a stepping stone to EM 3.0 where the features will come together.

Posté Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 11:39 pm

Posté Mon 02 Sep 13 @ 6:36 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)