Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Read This before you update to Windows 8.1 - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Oh and of course the beta testers have the exact software and hardware configuration you have down to the very last exact driver, setting, tweak and registry configuration that you have.

Look ag how many people have issues with the rock solid 7.4 and 99% of the time is not the softwares fault, it's the specific configuration.

Comparing VDJ to white goods or something "simple" is not a fair comparison is it.

The same rules apply to any piece of hardware you buy for your rig... Right?

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 12:31 pm
GadgetMan wrote :
Oh and of course the beta testers have the exact software and hardware configuration you have down to the very last exact driver, setting, tweak and registry configuration that you have.

Look ag how many people have issues with the rock solid 7.4 and 99% of the time is not the softwares fault, it's the specific configuration.
Roy

Ahh so when support staff say how stable VDJ is .... is this because they are or have also been the beta testers, and VDJ has been tweaked
to run on their systems thru the beta testing process?

Its just as well we have a great support network in Atomix for the rest of us .... :)

But helps me understand when support staff talk about 100% problem free experiences with the software, and highlights the importance
of having a large and varied pool of beta testers covering all possible hardware / software configurations VDJ is likely to be used in.

But still 100 Million THETA testers is hard to better ... keep up the good work & best wishes to all for the 2014.

Posté Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 10:36 pm
nitebeatdisco wrote :
GadgetMan wrote :

Roy

Ahh so when support staff say how stable VDJ is .... is this because they are or have also been the beta testers, and VDJ has been tweaked
to run on their systems thru the beta testing process?

Its just as well we have a great support network in Atomix for the rest of us .... :)

But helps me understand when support staff talk about 100% problem free experiences with the software, and highlights the importance
of having a large and varied pool of beta testers covering all possible hardware / software configurations VDJ is likely to be used in.

But still 100 Million THETA testers is hard to better ... keep up the good work & best wishes to all for the 2014.

Should be Gamma testers not theta lol

Posté Mon 06 Jan 14 @ 2:01 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I have the feeling that some need to read the title of this topic again. Its about Window 8/8.1 not version 8 ;)

Back on topic...
Windows 8.1 have not yet been proved 100% stable. Several USB and VGA drivers issues have been reported so far, and i had personal negative experience when updated my desktop to Windows 8.1 (even though my laptop runs flawlessly with 8.1)
Therefor, no matter what comments you may read here or elsewhere, be sure you have tested well prior going out and play live, and make sure you have the ability to downgrade to Windows 8 if needed.

Posté Mon 06 Jan 14 @ 8:19 pm
i don't think any thing is wrong with Windows 8.1 you got to do your home work find out if your drivers work with win 8.1

Posté Sun 19 Jan 14 @ 11:22 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posté Mon 20 Jan 14 @ 5:50 pm
DJ Dad that is interesting info to know thanks for the screen shot photos.

To everyone else out there with ants in their pants about always updating to the latest version of windows.

If you can resist the urge to allow and install any windows updates, and resist the Urge to upgrade Windows in any shape or form to the computer you already have... Just resist the urge.

Here is why:

If your DJ system works just fine now. will an windows update, or a newer version of windows improve your DJ abilities? The answer is probably NO.

So if you want to play with new softwares, do it on a computer your not using your DJ set up on ;)

Posté Wed 29 Jan 14 @ 11:29 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posté Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 2:28 pm
I was wondering if there was any fix for amd laptops. Here is the issue. I bought a brand new Lenovo laptop with the AMD A10 processor 2.50 ghz, 8gb of ram etc.. and windows 8.1 64 Bit. I then installed virtual dj 7.4.1 pro. added my ASIO driver form my VMS2 controller disc. Right side deck has no sound? Humm.. I then updated the latest amd drivers. The problem is I still cannot get any sound from the right side deck nor the headphones. When I look in the device manager I see 2 instances of usb drivers assuming one is for the 2 usb 3.0 ports and 1 for the single usb 2.0 port. I have tried both ports same results no sound from the right deck. I can use the auto mix mode but not very effective for most things. Any help would be great!
Dave

Posté Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 7:27 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)