Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Cromecast

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Posté Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 2:39 pm
You have to understand the concept of Chromecast.

Once you activate i,t the "stream" is fed directly from the internet to the Chromecast dongle and your device just becomes the remote control.

And that's the key. The content that goes to your TV does not come from your device. So as Virtual DJ plays the content locally you cannot use Chromecast.

The only option would be to broadcast your video feed to, say YouTube live, and use it's Chromecast ability. But the lag would be huge!

Not the answer you were looking for, but hope it helps explain the technology.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 4:17 pm
No, not the answer I was hoping for, especially since Cromecast only cost $35. Thank you for the explanation!

So it there an effective and relatively inexpensive option to broadcast your VDJ video mixing to a nearby HDMI TV(s) or Projector(s)?

Posté Sat 07 Dec 13 @ 1:22 am
There are plenty of wireless solutions out there. I've even used them to transmit audio to speakers in a second room.

Just Google/eBay "Wireless AV sender". Most of the newer models work in then 5.4Ghz range so do not interfere with your WiFi (although that is also now going 5.4Ghz).

You can even send HD, but standard composite/VGA should be fine for most.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Sat 07 Dec 13 @ 7:26 am

Posté Sat 07 Dec 13 @ 11:25 am
Thanks Gadgetman and TDB,

Almost all solutions seem to be one transmiter to one receiver. Does any one know of a one to many solution for wireless HDMI?

VirtualDj out to multiple LCD panels or two large projection screens?

Posté Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 3:12 pm
Chromecast has the ability to stream straight from the computer now. But it is limited to the Google Chrome Browser. I can stream my tab very effectively and show my actual internet windows with everything in them, including watching video and media while casting the tab. This would be an amazing feature to add to Virtual DJ, especially when at home working on videos

Posté Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 9:43 pm
I should also add - you can actually drag any mp4 or media file into Google Chrome and it will stream that video or media file from your computer to the Chromecast and show up on the tv. So if Virtual DJ could come up with something that works the same way...maybe it could work through Google Chrome?

Posté Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 9:51 pm
That's good to know... Nice to see a product evolving so quickly. We here at work are building one of the first apps in the UK to take advantage of ChromeCast.

Now I'm gonna have to ask if there will be a full PC API... Watch this space!

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Fri 20 Dec 13 @ 4:15 am
to tdbennett: so that product you mentioned does work with the video feed from virtual dj pro.

Posté Fri 17 Jan 14 @ 10:36 am
It'll work with anything that sends out a HDMI signal.

Plug the HDMI output from e.g. a laptop into the transmitter and plug the receiver into the screen.

Posté Fri 17 Jan 14 @ 10:53 am
Hi all,

I use a Wi-di enabled laptop with a Belkin Screencast Receiver - Model: F7D4501.

You can stream Video and Audio @ full 1080p

Works with VDJ a treat.

Posté Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 2:56 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
chromecast might work with vdj
just a question how the needed plugin is beign written.
chromecast is open now for developers. the thing is, Cc has no api to connect with vdj. but i was told that there might be a chance for a plugin.
but at the moment scott has to pay attention for a much more important project...;-)

https://developers.google.com/cast/

Posté Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 4:54 am
bkofolPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi all!

I use some other program that works with Chromecast. Its Photo Booth program. When i turn on Chromecast option it automatically connect to this http://localhost:5723/_chromecast/index.html

So i hope there is oportunity in the future for VDJ too:)
Looking forward for this option;)

Posté Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 9:41 am
karaoke.si wrote :
Hi all!

I use some other program that works with Chromecast. Its Photo Booth program. When i turn on Chromecast option it automatically connect to this http://localhost:5723/_chromecast/index.html

So i hope there is oportunity in the future for VDJ too:)
Looking forward for this option;)

what photobooth program do you use that you can stream on chromecast?

Posté Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 9:38 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posté Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 6:42 pm

Posté Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 3:45 pm

Posté Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 3:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)