Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ Resets File Paths on Each Startup

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

TorpasPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Quick Version
Reinstalled VirtualDJ and wanted a fresh, new database after major structural changes to my folders. Now VDJ resets the file paths for all my music files to some Windows-like format on my MacBook, making all files unreadable in VDJ and me having to re-add everything to searchDB and rebuild favorite folders to make things work, on each startup.

Rig
Macbook Pro 15", late 2011 on OS X 10.9.1
SSD: Primary disc, Has OS X (Mavericks) and apps as VDJ. Uses HDD's home folder as it's home folder. Has all permissions for it.
HDD: Serves as file disc. Has the music. Has OS X (Mountain Lion) installed as a backup system.

Long version
Hello, I'm new to these forums and I have tried to search for this matter without finding anything. I'l try to keep this as simplified as possible.

So, my rig is a Macbook Pro 15" late 2011 running OSX 10.9.1 with VirtualDJ Pro 7.4.1. I have two internal drives, one SSD with OS X and applications (including VDJ) and one regular hdd with all files (all my music lies here). The regular hdd also has one OS X installation that serves as a backup system. My SSD installed OS X uses the same home folder as the regular hdd's OS X, the one on the regular HDD. It has permissions for it.

I have recently made a total remake of my music library and my system. Before it I had VDJ installed on my regular hdd, where my music is, and ran it running the OS X on that drive. Worked like a charm. Now, I want to have VDJ installed and running on my SSD, but still have my music on the regular hdd. So far, so good.

So, installed VDJ without issues. Then I bpm scanned all my music (~25k songs) over a day, added my favourite folders and some smart folders. Everything worked exactly as I wanted, including playback and searching. Then I closed VDJ.

Now the problems started. I first noticed that my smart folders wasn't in the order that I had put them, and my favorite folders were gone from the list. I put everything back the way I wanted and did another restart, same thing happened again. Smart folders moved around and no favorites in the list. I tried to search some songs and noticed that VDJ has changed the file path of every song in the library from the regular "\Volumes\Mac\Users\..." to "D:\Users\...". All scanned data as bitrate, length, etc is still there, all settings and GUI are being properly saved and loaded, but VDJ keep changing the file path to "D:\" on every restart of VDJ. If I add my music folder to the search DB again it solves the problem for the moment, but if I restart VDJ it reverts back to the D:\-format.

VDJ has permissions to read and write to the VirtualDJ-folder with all it's content including the database file. I have tried several reinstalls. I have tried to check, clean and fix my database several times. It simply seems that VDJ won't save the correct file paths on shutdown. Now, I read somewhere that VDJ puts a database file on every unique volume it comes across with music. May the issue be that VDJ gets confused about where to put and read the database file, considering that I have VDJ on one drive, but the home folder and the music on another? I don't really think that it's an unusual way I'm keeping my system at, reading around a little.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I'm very familiar with Macs and VirtualDJ, and I'm totally out of ideas.

Posté Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 4:15 pm
TorpasPRO InfinityMember since 2010

Posté Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 5:27 pm
Did you get a resolution for this?
I have exactly the same issue.

Posté Mon 18 May 15 @ 7:13 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What is the file system format of your HDD?

A german guy had the same happening. He was using a "special" filesystem that both, OSX and Windows could read. I don't remember the name...

Posté Wed 20 May 15 @ 5:42 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)