Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Sujet Filter Folders nestable?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Can you please add the capability of making "Filter" folders nestable in the same way "Virtual" folders are?
I would like to have one blue root folder in the tree called Filters, with all of my entries in it. (Right now they're stored in a red virtual folder. :-(

Posté Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:47 pm
That's not very logical....

Virtual folders emulate real ones. Real folders are for storing things.

Filter folders don't actually store anything, they just filter it. If a filter folder had other folders inside, it wouldn't be a filter folder any more!

Posté Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:11 pm
Um, that may be true, but I'd like to put all my filters in a hierarchy, instead of having a mess of 30 of them down the browser list. I'm asking for nesting for organizational purposes, not combining them for cumulative results.

Posté Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:38 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It is logical.

filter "Rock": "genre contains rock or genre contains metal"
| -> sub filter "80s rock": "year >=1980 and year <1990"
| -> sub filter "90s rock": "year >=1990 and year <2000"

It's especially good if you haver different type of gigs or nightclub where you play and they have diffrent rules waht to play. So on root filter you have _all_ that is suitable and in subfilter only certain things per filter.

Another way to do this would be named filters which could be referenced from other filters. For example:

"Rock": "genre contains rock or genre contains metal"
"90s rock" : filter 'Rock' and year >=1990 and year <2000
"2000s rock" : filter 'Rock' and year >=2000 and year <2010

etc

Posté Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:38 am
Yeah, I see what you mean guys.

For example, I have a filter folder for '70s' and more filter folders for '70s rock', '70s pop' and so on.

It would be tidier to have them nested.

Posté Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:49 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
BTW,

you could create Filter Folders in PHYSICAL Folders !

Create a FF in your 80's folder on the drive with filter like top 20 nbplay - as a result you see the Top 20 of this special selected folder ;-)

Greets, Heiko

Posté Sat 24 May 14 @ 2:53 am
That's no use to me. I don't have a physical folder called 80's.

I don't organise my music with physical folders because VDJ does the organising. :-)

Posté Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:39 am
Actually, I do have them in a physical folder right now, but it's the wrong color. Perhaps it would have been easier to ask to make folders different colors as well. ;-)

Posté Wed 28 May 14 @ 12:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, let me get this one..Your issue is that you need the Root to be blue colored ? since you can nest Filter FOlders inside a Virtual folder and probably name it as Myfilters, i really dont see the issue here.

Posté Wed 28 May 14 @ 1:00 pm
I would be also very welcome nested filters/queries. My purpose is to play at partner dancing parties. In a West Coast Swing party, I would need a different set of songs (with few overlaps) than in a Zouk, Kizomba or Salsa party. The dances would be the top level of filters. And I could have a different set of subfilters for different kind of parties.

Posté Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 10:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)