Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 29
+1

Yes, Would be great to have the hashtag drop downs in the Tag Editor also.

Posté Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 5:26 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
+1 for hashtag drop downs in the Tag Editor
and in Filter Editor as well

Posté Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 6:10 am
In the a similar way .... would be great to have the Drop down in the Tag Editor also. for Genres ... which currently appears in the Info Tab. And, there is already, the ability to add to the drop down list of Favorite Genres in the OPTIONS > FavoriteGenres field.

Adding the Genre drop down in the Tag Editor also, would make it easier to create consistent tags for tracks.

Posté Wed 21 Apr 21 @ 12:54 pm
I just downloaded VirtualDJ and was disappointed to find that there appears to be no way to use local album art / cover art that is NOT embedded. I don't want to go through my music library and embed each and every file with an image, and VirtualDJ's online cover art downloading was unfortunately inconsistent and inaccurate in my testing. Why would a folder containing an album fetch completely different images for each song in the folder?

Please let us use a local image found in the folder of a given file if it matches a defined list of names. Support for asterisks would be highly appreciated, and necessary in my case. Ideally I could specify a comma-separated value like this to match all the ways an image could be named in a file's folder: front.jpg, *front.*, *.jpg, *.png, ...

I would REALLY love to see this support as it would help me visually identify my songs much more quickly! It's sad to see all the files with no thumbnail when I know the artwork is there.

Thanks!

Posté Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 8:08 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
just embed em with something like foobar

Posté Mon 03 May 21 @ 9:43 pm
As I have suggested in another thread I would like the system to remove PLAYED TRACKS from the browser list for the current session as already happens in the Sidelist and the Automix list. This would be much clearer than the current line through the track icon.

Cheers
Les

Posté Sun 09 May 21 @ 12:51 am
djles.co.uk wrote :
As I have suggested in another thread I would like the system to remove PLAYED TRACKS from the browser list for the current session

You can make color filter and ghost out played songs now.. ;-)

Posté Sun 09 May 21 @ 7:20 pm
djles.co.uk wrote :
I would like the system to remove PLAYED TRACKS from the browser list for the current session as already happens in the Sidelist and the Automix list. This would be much clearer than the current line through the track icon.

very easy to do

Create an instant filter. Already Played != 1 and turn it on when you want them removed.

And better then sidelist or Automix , since you can get them all back with a click of a button, which can only be done this way in the browser.

Posté Mon 10 May 21 @ 7:14 am
c18ccPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I've made this request before, but not specifically in this correct forum: I would like to have "Musical" keys in the browser color-coded just as the "Harmonic" keys. It makes sense, as the camelot wheel/harmonic codes are representations of the actual musical key. It seems this could be quickly implemented as a global option (eg. "Color Key Display" in Ser*to Library & Display settings)

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 4:03 am
Guess it could be option, although the coloring is for the numbered harmonics strictly speaking. Part of that logic..

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 11:54 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
djles.co.uk wrote :
I would like the system to remove PLAYED TRACKS from the browser list for the current session as already happens in the Sidelist and the Automix list. This would be much clearer than the current line through the track icon.

very easy to do

Create an instant filter. Already Played != 1 and turn it on when you want them removed.

And better then sidelist or Automix , since you can get them all back with a click of a button, which can only be done this way in the browser.

I see that my reply to this post and your's and Rune's subsequent replies have been removed????

I will say again that this solution does not remove played songs automatically. All it does is save one key click from my original 'list' command solution. I also asked where did you find the command '!=' ??? Rune replied with some links relating to filters. But, I had already read those and there is no reference to this command. Then you posted a possible solution using the 'ONSONGLOAD' command. I have used this and spent many hours working on this solution and it does work in a roundabout way.

Here is what I've done;

I had to strip and rebuild the 'Quick filters and the 'Color filters' so that the 'Already Played' filters are at the top of the list for first priority. Now when a song is played, when it reaches the default 45 seconds, I have it change color, as well as the system's red line is placed through the icon. Then if I load another song on EITHER deck, then the 'played' song indeed is removed from the 'browser list'. But, it only happens if a song is loaded AFTER the default 45 seconds. But, on the next song load, it will still be removed from the browser list. I also tested it with Automix and it removes the song from the Browser list as well as the Automix list. :-)

Below is a screenshot of your filter solution using ONSONGLOAD with it set to 'Quick Filter 1', this works.

As a bonus, I received 68 new tunes from Promo Only yesterday. I download the m4a lossless files as they have the genre included in the tag. Because my color filters are set to the Genre tag then they all were colored automatically, yay! :-)

There is also a screenshot of my 'Quick Filter' and 'Color Filters' solution I have setup.

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 3:31 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
if this solution is working then it wanna say there is a refresh issue with quick filters

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 3:36 pm
djles.co.uk wrote :
All it does is save one key click from my original 'list' command solution. I also asked where did you find the command '!='

Currently the filters are activated by clicking the button as you said.
And not automatically updated for some filters no.. would have to refresh by clicking again

!= parameter is in the 2nd drop down when it makes sense to use. Just look at the image the user posted and select same..

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 3:37 pm
Yes, I know that operator is in the dropdown list, but, I cannot find any explanation of that particular operator anywhere on the website or the online manual.

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 3:56 pm
It just means "is not equal to"

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 3:57 pm
Bloomin' heck, I've just Googled it and got the answer in 0.57 seconds lol. Ah well, you learn something new everyday. :-)

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 4:03 pm
djles.co.uk wrote :
Bloomin' heck, I've just Googled it and got the answer in 0.57 seconds lol. Ah well, you learn something new everyday. :-)

Hehe.. no worries.. ;-)
Its just common math/arithmetic operators .. bit same as + is plus and - is minus.

So in plain english : "already played" != 1
means : already played is not true.

The comparison operators are used less in "daily use" .. except for = equal perhaps.

= equal
!= not equal
< smaller
> greater
>= greater or equal
<= smaller or equal

etc :)

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 4:03 pm
I have used all the other operators many times, but, I can't recall ever coming across that particular one. Cheers for the education.

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 4:12 pm
Is there any particular reason why these symbols have been used rather than simple words?

I didn't know what that meant either, and clearly I'm not the only one.

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 4:46 pm
Pah! I have an HND with Distinction in Computer Studies (1981/2) and a year of a BA Degree in Data Processing (1983/4) and don't recall coming across that abbreviation before.

I need to go back to Uni lol.

Posté Wed 12 May 21 @ 5:33 pm
72%