Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Auto fader in a playlist

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Before I list my suggestion I just want to say this is my first post but I have been using VJD since it cam e and bravo! I have almost every, ok every other program installed and choose this one first. OK Now one thing that I would love. When you play dinner music (I'm a moble DJ) and leave a playlist of songs the songs load and cue to a first beat. Yes, this works sometimes but not most of the time. I would like to be able to alter where the beats come in. Maybe, to start the song at the beginning no matter what and end on the last beat. Or Play everything on the track without cutting it. My ADJ Pro Mix has this feature and it comes in very handy. If this should work please let me know how because I can't get it to work. That is the only change I would really want. But than you to the devolpers for a job well done overall!

Posté Fri 26 Sep 03 @ 5:50 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you set the automix to "none" it will play the songs in your playlist from the very begginning to the very end. This will help you for your dinner music selections I think. The only problem is that if there is a long fade out, or silence at the beginning or the end of a track, it will play that too.

Posté Fri 26 Sep 03 @ 6:25 pm
@DJ Rick

The Setting @ none does work as you say, but it can be a problem also as you mention. I believe the request is good to simply have a configurable fade time. My old 1998 Virtual TurnTable software had this feature and it was really great for those Wedding Reception like dinner times.

Basically there are 2 configurable values. One for the number of seconds before a track ends to begin the fade and the second value is the number of seconds for the duration of the fade. This second value basically determines how fast the fader moves to the next desk.

Posté Sat 27 Sep 03 @ 6:23 am
Thanks for the reply. Both of you. I didn't see that "none" worked. Thanks for that. However, maybe this would be easy to do in one of the next versions. Just take out the auto beat mix start and leave the auto last beat I would then fade to the beginning of the next song (where most people do not have dead air) and mix like a fade (as we do for dinner or such) I would even love this while i am out doing my line dances. Heck I could save money on that second dj and put on a great show without running back and forth. Please consider it. It seems minute but I feel a lot of us would think that would come in very handy and be a great addition to the program. Thank you again for your excellent service!

Posté Sun 28 Sep 03 @ 5:55 am
Hi vantinedj, hi Team,
I have the same Problem too and like to suggest a look at a very handy Plugin for winamp from sqrsoft.com. I'm using it in the descriped Situations, but would love to see something like this in VDJ.
The Crossfading feetures are:

Adjustable working range, 0% to 100% of the mixing buffer, initial(fade-in) and final(fade-out) level control.
Crossfade curve control (non-lineal).

Signal analyzer:

It allows crossfade point shifting by signal level. Trigger level from -1dB to -60dB.

The Gap Killer:

djustable trigger level from -6dB to -60dB. Individual settings for rise and fall edges of the track.
Smooth cut to prevent clicks on some tracks with high DC bias offset.

Think It's worth to think about this.
Greets Mathew

Posté Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 3:20 pm
MathewPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It was me.
Due to a timeout the last message went away anonymous.
Mathew

Posté Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 3:22 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Actually, I think the ideal crossfade situation durring autoplay would be, to be able to set the time somewhere between 0-15 seconds. If you set the time to say 7 seconds, the crossfader would move to the center with 7 seconds remaining in the song playing, and the next song would begin. Then the crossfader would continue to the new playing song after the previous song has played all the way to the end. This way you perserve whatever "signature ending the ending song may have, and still get whatever "signature" intro the incoming song may have.

That to me would be a very logical addition to the VirtualDJ collection of features.
I think it's about the only thing missing.

Posté Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 4:53 pm
@Rick

The scenario you describe is covered by the suggestion I made above.

.... and correction, it is not the only thing missing from vDJ.... there is that little matter of the Playlist not throwing out, or throwing to the bottom of the list, any song thats already played. I already made the case for that in other posts [:o)

Posté Wed 01 Oct 03 @ 2:50 am
sleflarPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The original Automix program works great for the Dinner as well as the cocktail hour which is much longer than the dancing portion of the wedding. VDJ should operate as well as Automix if not better. My company does at least 300 wedding each year and would like to use just one of the two products instead of both.

Posté Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 8:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)