Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet What is the best mixer for 500$

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi there,

Since I'm having big troubles with my Hercules 4-mx, I started thinking of buying another console.
But there are many options out there and I want to know which is the best i can buy for lets say 500$.

I would like a console with 4 decks, built-in audio interface, extra inputs,.... and many many buttons.

I came across AA VMS 4.1 and the Numark N4...
But I'm certain people here can show me more (and maybe better) options.

Feel free to help a fellow dj in need out and give me some good advice.

Grtz,
Stievie

Posté Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:30 pm
For 2 channels I like the vci-380. For 4 channels The mc6000

Posté Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 11:27 pm
I have a N4 and I'm very happy with it. For the same amount of money, you have the VMS 4.1 which has more options, is more sturdy (metal faceplate) and has 4 analog inputs instead of 2.
But I heard that it can be a pain in the butt to get it working flawlessly. The N4 is just plug and play.
A Mixtrack quad can be an option too, it's a bit cheaper on the plus side, but a bit less "pro". If you want a sturdy controller, look at VMS4.1, MC6000 or for a bit more money a NS6.

Posté Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 4:03 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
AA VMS 4.1
Vestax VCI 400
Pioneer DDJ-SX

Posté Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 4:57 am

Posté Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 12:36 pm
Thanx for the reactions so far...
Still looking and comparing other consoles.

I also noticed the Mixtrack Quad, but somebody talked me out of it...

Posté Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 4:05 pm
if your looking for feature packed solid and affordable holla at my man nimbus, he is a forum user, and check out the Voxoa C60. Believe me for what you get its worth every penny. I bought one Love it, iinput matrix, true stand alone digital mixer, 3600ppr jog wheels. I loved it but it was stolen, i have a vci400 right now but if i get a buyer for it at the price close to replacing the m60. Loved it so much i recently bought a Voxoa M70 loooooooooooooovvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee it.

Posté Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 8:54 pm
This is where I stand so far:

1. Numark N4: cheapest so far 379€ (approx. 507$) I know people having this, and they are very happy with the console... But that doesn't really matter because I think most of us dj's are happy with the equiment they have. Ok there's always room for improvement....

2. AA VMS 4.1: cheapest so far 399€ (approx. 535$) I don't know people having this so it's hard for me to have an opinion about this machine, all I can say is that it looks sturdy and more solid then the Numark N4, only downside is that can be a PITA to get it work properly

3. Gemini G4V: cheapest so far 359€ (approx. 480$) Also in this case I cannot make an opinion about the console... Only thing I can come up with is that Gemini is always been a good brand in the past.

4. Mixtrack Quad Pro: cheapest so far 245€ (approx. 330$) Looks very nice, but also a bit toy-like. Maybe less professionel like stated before in this topic.
This is something I can maybe cancell from my wishlist.

5. Vestax VCI 400: cheapest so far 599€ (approx. 800$) First of all, this is a little bit over my budget I want to spent on a console. Maybe if it has more features and extra's I could be convinced.

6. Reloop Betamix 4: cheapest so far 299€ (approx. 400$) Nice looking, but still need more research and opinions of my fellow dj's.

7. Voxoa M70: cheapest so far 350€ (approx. 465$) Its also in my budget range... but als more reasearch need to be done.

8. Voxoa C60: cheapest so far also 350€ (465$) again don't know anything about this, I never heard of it.

9. MC6000 MK2: cheapest so far 555€ (745$) way over my price range, so OR I need to cancel this one out, or save some more money.
But like many of you dj's, if you want to mix, it has to go fast. I don't want to wait half year to buy another console.

10. NS6: also way over my budget, 700€ (937$) maybe also cancel this one out.

11. Pioneer DDJ Sx: i dont even want to talk about the price on this one...

Now I'm going to try a website where I can compare the ones I like and maybe I can make a decision based on all the pro's and contra's and based on all the extra feautures...

Any further advice is still welcome!

Tx in advance and for the already provided answers.

Posté Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 6:01 pm
anything you need to know about the voxoa stuff just ask me. cause as ive used every controller u list for the price it cant be beat...side note this is the company that manufactures for stanton and pioneer...also if you do choose it and dont like it i will fair trade my vci400 for your c60 and pay for the shipping

Posté Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 9:31 pm
Hey Stievie, what is wrong with your Hercules? What kind of problems are you having?

I've used the Hercules Rmx for 5 years now and the little problems I've had were easily solved. It has been rocking solid for many gigs.

One time I was having connection problems and it turned out to be that the usb cable had gone bad. Got a new one (printer usb cable) and no more problems.

Posté Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 10:13 pm
Hercules RMX 2 ...~ $ 240,- (~€ 230,-)
Hercules RMX 2 Premium TR .... ~$ 300,- (~ € 280,-)
Hercules 4-MX ... ~$ 360,- (~ € 350,-)

Posté Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 2:01 am
Ticoindamix wrote :
Hey Stievie, what is wrong with your Hercules? What kind of problems are you having?

I've used the Hercules Rmx for 5 years now and the little problems I've had were easily solved. It has been rocking solid for many gigs.

One time I was having connection problems and it turned out to be that the usb cable had gone bad. Got a new one (printer usb cable) and no more problems.

Hercules helpdesk is "helping" me (yeah right)
Today is the 8th day I try installing the 4-mx on any of my 4 computers, nothing works.
I did everything they suggested (which is a whole bunch of things) but without any luck.
They keep asking me the same questions and its getting frustrating, it's like they don't even read my emails and take a look at all the pictures I've sent them.

Also tried changing cables, nothing.
Bought a powered usb-hub, nothing.

Joerte01 wrote :
Hercules RMX 2 ...~ $ 240,- (~€ 230,-)
Hercules RMX 2 Premium TR .... ~$ 300,- (~ € 280,-)
Hercules 4-MX ... ~$ 360,- (~ € 350,-)

I was satisfied with Hercules, but now with the troubles I have with my 4-mx, I think I never want to buy another Hercules again.

Posté Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 8:05 am
Get the Reloop Terminal mix 4. It's USD$400 on Amazon. The best quality controller for the price it was $500.

Posté Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 8:43 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I've had a VMS 4 and a VMS4.1.

I think it's a very good controller for that price.
In the German Forum are a lot of guys that own one.
So if you deside to buy one and have any problems you are invited to come over and we will assist you.
(We'll assist you here too btw, it's just more likely to get a faster response)

I would probably still use the VMS4.1 if there hadn't been this very good offer for a SX.

Posté Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 9:59 am
My advice is always the same, buy the controller you want, not the one you can afford. You will end up buying the one you want anyway. I do this for a living, and have learned this after many years. Go into debt, or stop feeding the kids everyday. How much more are we talking about? I don't care what all these guys say, I would never buy a controller without touching it first. Looks are deceiving, Rupaul.

Posté Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 12:12 pm
I originally was working with the Hercules RMX Console, however recently I got to play with on of the Pioneer DDJ's, and was hooked. The controller is around the $600.00 range and has alot of great features. I'll be picking one up within the next month.

Posté Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 4:55 am
cleio81PRO InfinityMember since 2012
I would recommend using 123DJ.com to buy a controller. I was able to get a Denon MC6000 MK2 for about $600 re-boxed.

Posté Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 2:41 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
What happen to the VDJ wepsite that list VDJ "FEATURED' equipment"? Mixtrack pro was maybe still is one of those featured controllers listed on the site.

Posté Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 10:06 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)