Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Portable VDJ Playlists

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I know this has been written about before but I couldn't find the reference.

It would be great if there was a way to get track specif information about a song or group of songs (Playlists) and then be able to save or export that information to an external device for use in an other machine with all cue point and loop information.

For example: Let's say you have finally created a bangin' playlist that only need minor tweaks once and a while. And let's say you'd like to always keep that playlist with you by placing it on a thumbdrive.

As it stands right now, with VDJ, you can use the COPY TO comand and have all of those files with you but you wouldn't have any cue point or loop information and trying to do this at the gig isn't practical.

I'm thinking that the solution would be a plugin that would some how read the VDJ Database and extract the relevant information from each track and create an m3u file that contains a zip file that would update the database on the other machine. At least that's how my mind works, not sure if something like this is feasible.

As a point of reference only:

Serato can do this with it's crate system. Any crate you create in Serato can theoretically be used on any machine running Serato and all of the cues and loop information stored with the files in the crate also travel with the file.

I love VDJ and prefer it over any other DJ software but I carry Serato Crates on my Thumbdrive rather than VDJ playlists because I know that not only will I be able to plug into my friends computer and have all of my Crate information ready, but VDJ will also play the tracks, minus the cue point and loop information.

Thank you. :-)

Posté Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 12:00 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)