Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Sujet Another glitch....one that my make me go back to V7

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
OK so I start up VDJ 8 (with latest build) and everything is working fine until I try to use PFL (on either deck) (VMS 4.0) and the sound goes straight to the mains and the headphones! PLUS; as soon as I click on a song in the library (or virtual folders) the song starts to play (through the mains and phones) even though pre-listen is turned off and the song is not loaded on a deck. No setting have been changed in over a month and now this starts happening out of the blue. I am logged in the VDJ and all but this is a MAJOR issue if I can't cue up a song without it going to the mains.

One other thing....vdj says it can't "Find VMS 4 Midi device".

I hope there is a fix soon or I may have to go back to V7.

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 7:36 pm
Hope I don't have to wait to be validated....

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 8:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What is your audio config in v8 and what mode is your VMS4 in (4 out or 8 out)?

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 8:52 pm
4 out (2 channel)

OK I use an external mixer (Behrringer 802) JUST for the main out of the VMS 4 and my mic.
- The config in the SW is input = External Mixer (it keeps defaulting to that even though I try to set it to "Speakers").
- Card is set to VMS 4 (even though it is not highlighted) every other sound card option highlights when I click it except the one for the VMS 4.0
- Input I have nothing

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 9:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
A screenshot of your audio config would probably be better :)

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 9:31 am
SBDJ wrote :
A screenshot of your audio config would probably be better :)

It is stuck on external mixer and only three of the four sound cards can be activated (all BUT the VMS 4). I am also using 2 channel and not 4 channel.

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 1:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Tantrix wrote :

Thats the heart of your issue i suppose. Is this what you get in the COntrollers tab of Config ? It actually means that it cant connect the unit properly as MIDI, therefore the audio routing could have issues, as it relies on the fake_ actions of the ONINIT.

Try to connect the device to a different USB port (you re not using any USB hub , right) ? and see if turning off the wifi and the web camera from Device Manager helps detection at any way.

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 1:43 pm
djdad wrote :
Tantrix wrote :

Thats the heart of your issue i suppose. Is this what you get in the COntrollers tab of Config ? It actually means that it cant connect the unit properly as MIDI, therefore the audio routing could have issues, as it relies on the fake_ actions of the ONINIT.

Try to connect the device to a different USB port (you re not using any USB hub , right) ? and see if turning off the wifi and the web camera from Device Manager helps detection at any way.

Nope not using a hub. I turned off wifi and the webcam and the same result. below is a screenshot of of the controllers tab. I am using your mapper for vms4 that I modified by making the "sample volume" knob control the "filter". Other than that your mapper is the same as it ever was.

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)