Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Sujet BUILD 1960 - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
djjohnnyrox wrote :
As a customer i demand to be treated by the admins that i have paid. Really???? Thia is the piss poor attitude in life I cant stand.... It's not all about YOU..... The software is made for hundreds of thousands if not millions of users...... If you hire the devs to build it for you then you can act anyway you want. I am sick of people who DEMAND that someone does what they want, You're like the whiney little bitch who screams play my song or I'll have you fired. You bought something, it doesn't work exactly like you want it to.
I know this isnt the forum for this But I am fed up with cry babies

J

I have no demand that the Program must have a feature that i want but i have the demand that it works! ;)
Thank you for your concern but i'm also fed up from users acting like the admins.... If somebody want to contact me i habe an inbox, as i've said here is the regression bug forum

Posté Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 6:32 pm
Chreece wrote :
During a gig (only playing videos), i minimized VDJ 8, did something else in my laptop i.e. Opened browser or another program returned to VDJ 8 music video still plays but no responce from the program (it's stuck). Closed and restarted. After some hour again minimized, did some other stuff with the laptop, returned to VDJ 8 screen flashes and got a gray screen, again i shoulded restart the program...
I thought that the program is getting stable but the problems are getting worse... I don't know if i can trust any more the program and i am afraid to do anything else than cue-play-mix!

System specs? Mac or PC?

First thing to be 100% certain on is that you are running the latest graphics drivers for your machine.

Posté Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 6:42 pm
Please keep things civil.

The is a regression forum and you have rightly posted here if you bug is new in build 1960. However appearing to make demands won't help getting your issue resolved. Providing as much information about your issue makes diagnosis easier.

Posté Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 6:44 pm
djtouchdan wrote :

System specs? Mac or PC?

First thing to be 100% certain on is that you are running the latest graphics drivers for your machine.

My specs i have already wrote some posts ago (PC).Sorry about the "demanding" thing but the whole story with the program crashing twice in the same nicht made me mad and i acted indeed AS a jerk

Posté Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 7:27 pm
Apologies, hadn't seen your specs.

Check your AMD drivers are up-to-date. If you have changed any settings in previous builds of VDj8 the I would try reverting those settings to default.

Do you have the same issue when 'switching' apps (ALT+TAB) like you do when minimising, or only minimising?

Posté Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 7:44 pm
Tried to test version 8 at my gig tonight. Loaded current beta build I had downloaded earlier then just froze. No crash log created.

Maybe just my bad luck but I keep getting complete freezes even though using two different machines.

Back to version 7 for another night (again)

Posté Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 8:08 pm
Chreece. I really think your video card is part of the issue. If I read the specs of it correctly it's the equivalent of a 128gb of ram. Video is going to eat that up really quickly

Posté Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 12:27 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
VDJ-8 Crash on me about 30min in a gig I was using DDJ-Ergo,( had to use 7 after the 1st Crash )don't know how at the time but after a 4hr gig & got home open VDj-8 played with it without the controller.I just move the Mouse across the wave form and a Crash 2x OSX 10.9.2 / 2.6Ghz i7/ 8Gb RAM Hold the left button

Posté Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 2:07 am
djtouchdan wrote :
Apologies, hadn't seen your specs.

Check your AMD drivers are up-to-date. If you have changed any settings in previous builds of VDj8 the I would try reverting those settings to default.

Do you have the same issue when 'switching' apps (ALT+TAB) like you do when minimising, or only minimising?

I didn't change anything and i cannot say for sure that this bug was not in a previous build because i tried first time to multitasking. i'm an update freak and my drivers are always up-to-date, sometimes that's the problem :P
I was using the minimize button and i came back with ALT+TAB when the program crashed.
Yesterday i had the automix on running, i was not on the laptop and i was informed that the program crashed again.

Posté Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 7:52 am
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Getting angry on the forum will get you no where. You either deal with the current situation; VDJ 8 is unstable and not suitable for pro gigs; their are a ton of bugs. The VDJ team took one step forward with great sound quality and 10 steps backwards with everything else. Your best bet is to use the ultra stable VDJ 7 minus the great sound or just use another software. It's been months since the release of VDJ 8 and they still cannot get it right. My estimation is that they bit off more than they could chew when they tried to totally redo VDJ software. They should have just improve the sound quality of VDJ 7 and they would have had many happy customers instead of this mess. As I said getting angry and complaining will not help. Just heed my words, I am a long time VDJ user.

Posté Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 10:35 am
splao wrote :
Getting angry on the forum will get you no where. You either deal with the current situation; VDJ 8 is unstable and not suitable for pro gigs; their are a ton of bugs. The VDJ team took one step forward with great sound quality and 10 steps backwards with everything else. Your best bet is to use the ultra stable VDJ 7 minus the great sound or just use another software. It's been months since the release of VDJ 8 and they still cannot get it right. My estimation is that they bit off more than they could chew when they tried to totally redo VDJ software. They should have just improve the sound quality of VDJ 7 and they would have had many happy customers instead of this mess. As I said getting angry and complaining will not help. Just heed my words, I am a long time VDJ user.

This statement is inaccurate in so many ways. While VDJ7 was very stable it remained sub industry standard so the team decided to rewrite the software from ground up, Virtual DJ is the only DVS software that supports a wide range of hardware so you cannot achieve perfection without a LOT of complications. You call yourself a long time VDJ user but seem to forget how Virtual DJ started. Version 7 wasn't always stable if you follow the timeline of its development from version 1. I would like to know what you call a mess as I use version 8 professionally for my gigs and though I have experienced hiccups they tend to get sorted if you report them in a detailed manner.

Version 8 has some way to go but for most people they find it a very handy software. I think the DEVS deserve encouragement more than the constant slander from users who would rather criticize than contribute. This is a regression bug section yet for the last 5 or so posts I see no bugs being reported with any useful data that the team may be able to use in order to solve it. I am speaking from experience as I too was frustrated with the software and the way it handled time codes but we stuck in there and reported and post anything that the DEVS may be able to find useful. I suggest you do the same instead of putting hard working people down

Posté Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 12:17 pm
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I seem to be getting really high CPU usage with this build and I am pretty sure it existed in the last couple as well.

Using 2 CDJ2000's with the factory mapper CPU usage is really high but if I make one CDJ use the default mapper and the other CDJ with a custom mapper CPU drops back down considerably. Switch them both back to factory mapper or both to a custom mapper and the CPU usage shoots up straight away.

This is with one track loaded to deck A playing and other track loaded to deck B. Only using Audio files too.

I also quickly filmed me changing it here at work if you want to see it.

Win7 64bit SP1
4GB Ram
Core 2 Duo

Worked perfectly in earlier builds.

Posté Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 12:26 pm
Nice Job guys .. I'm now able to use 4 DECK with my SL1 !! TIMECODE works great...still missing a Timecode VOLUME in the VDJ settings (it's there in the SETTINGS.XML file but I put it -50 and the signal is still TOO HIGH! (but works fine!) until you reach 1969 (my Birthday) VDJ8 will be Absolutely Flawless!

Posté Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 3:16 pm
stevoqxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Same problem here. My actual version: build 1959.804.

Posté Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 3:58 pm
Everything worked perfectly wing, now the media audio sounds in the equalizer does not cut, the skin to make a change mp3 video presents freezes, headset audio in check, lags behind the audio master ...

Posté Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 9:16 pm
I have already reported this problem, are the days that you do not update the Build 1960-804, can be everything ok?
Please check as in the video you see the bug:
demonstration of random volume, after selection effect, on or off the engines, irrelevant
Mac version 10.8 i7 8Gb
http://youtu.be/95BGN4haorA

Posté Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 4:00 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
@Chreece:

Don't know if already posted, but what is your setting for "videoForceFullScreen" ? If it is set to 1 it may crash, try setting it to 0 then.

Posté Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 6:23 am
@ErikVeejay
Sampler use NS7II velocity pads. Hard press - High volume. Light press - Low volume. You can sure tun it of.
Regards Tomas.

Posté Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 7:18 am
PachN wrote :
@Chreece:

Don't know if already posted, but what is your setting for "videoForceFullScreen" ? If it is set to 1 it may crash, try setting it to 0 then.

Yeap! I forgot after the fresh install of VDJ to set it to 0. I hope that i won't get more crashes now...

Posté Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 9:13 am
Tjeck1972 wrote :
@ErikVeejay
Sampler use NS7II velocity pads. Hard press - High volume. Light press - Low volume. You can sure tun it of.
Regards Tomas.

is a function unknown to me (there is a pdf of the functions of ns7II for vdj8?)
how to disable it?

Posté Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 1:50 pm
85%