Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Unable To Record Samples

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
V7 - I am having trouble recording samples.
I have a few 3 to 8 second samples that I would like to record. I set my PFL to the proper deck, check for proper levels, play my desired track, and then click record in my desired slot, but after ending the recording, nothing is there. I have tried various empty sample slots with no luck. I also removed some of the VDJ default samples from their slots and tried replacing with my recorded sample with no luck.
Is there a minimum time (length) limitation for samples (maybe I have too short of a sample)?
Or, I must be missing to do some operation, but what??
Thanks in advance.

Posté Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 8:50 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There is no minimum time, I've had single beat samples (@200bpm, 0.3 seconds)
Is the deck you are sampling from selected as the active deck? (the sampler records the active deck)

Posté Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 9:57 pm
Yes, the selected deck is the active one. I have also played both decks simultaneously while trying to record a sample just to be sure. The MP3's are 320 and always play fine. There have been a few times where it does capture the sample but when I press play, the UI quickly (approximately 1 second) flashes green then does nothing.
Any ideas?
Thanks again.

Posté Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 7:22 am
It's my understanding that there's no need to press play on a deck before recording a sample. You merely hit record.

Are the MP3s you're loading to the decks full length tracks or are they already short samples? If the latter then why not just load them directly to the sampler?

Posté Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 7:52 am
Thanks Groovin, I ended up just loading the sample directly from the HDD. I'll have to check using the UI sample record button at a later time.

Posté Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 9:26 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)