Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Sujet VDJ8 SCRIPT

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Can someone tell me how to map the parameter left and right buttons on the DDJ- SX to pitch bend.
I know in vdj7 it was Hot_CUE PARAM+ was the button name and action learned was pitch_bend +5% 500ms

Posté Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 1:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Each mode (CUES, LOOP, SLICER etc) has a different key for the Parameters Buttons. So you will need to use the same (above) action for all the Keys.

Posté Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 6:20 pm
Is there a way to determine if a video is playing via script? I know you can determine something is playing but includes both audio and video and no distinction.

Posté Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 6:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
video action will return if the video is activated.

deck x is_video .. will return true if a deck is loaded with a video file
deck x is_video ? deck x play ? ... will return true if a deck is playing a video file
If you query all decks, you will probably get what you want.

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 1:55 am
I'm use to the pitch bend buttons on my NS6 so I want to map the parameter buttons to respond the same as the pitch bend on my other controllers I don't use the pads other than Launching samples and drops.

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 10:10 am
I upgraded to the DDJ-SX from the NS6 and from VDJ7 to the VDJ8. Here is my issues, the NS6 sounds fine with VDJ7 I can back spin and scratch and scratch drops with no problems. When I try the same with the DDJ-SX the platters sound like digital rewind on the back spinning and back cueing, the song lags and throws off the timing of the drop and it don't sound like a natural scratch. So I started to use the VDJ-8 with the DDJ-SX and The sound is better but it lags slightly when loading songs the screen freezes but the sound continues. After a while of playing VDJ-8 it closes and restarts. I would also like to know if there is a way for VDJ-8 to read the hot cues set in VDJ-7 this was a problem for me when I went live with VDJ-8 and DDJ-SX for the first time. The browser did not recognize a playlist I created hours prior to going live this past weekend, but recognized did the older playlist I saved. I reset the software twice prior to starting and didn't see the new play list. I went into windows VIRTUAL DJ folder and found the playlist in the playlist folder but could not use it that night.

Thanks!

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 10:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What is your pitchquality setting in advanced options? Problems occur with setting 0

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 8:43 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you've created the playlists with VDJ 7 read this:

PhantomDeejay wrote :
VirtualDj 8 will read VirtualDj 7 database only ONCE (the first time you launch it) and it will create it's own.
After that point any changes you make in version 7 are NOT reflected in version 8 and vice versa.

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 2:37 am
Have you solved the crashing issue?

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 9:04 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)