Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ 8 and Denon SC3900

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Does anyone use SC3900's with Virtual DJ 8? I just bought two to play around with (my mobile gear is the MK6000MK2), and want to know the best way to configure these with VDJ8. (I'd like to use the internal sound cards of the devices themselves if possible.)

Posté Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 8:42 am
Here's some thoughts:

I just bought two SC3900's with the plan to use them with Virtual DJ 8, however I'm trying to understand how the connections would work if I wanted to use the SC3900's internal sound cards and use my X500 Denon (analog) mixer. (Keep in mind that I do understand that I will not have the direct control over the sliders within the software, since I am not using an X600 or other device.)

My thought is connect the USB's from the SC3900's to a USB hub and then into my Mac. (I can handle the device mappings.)

However, I am expecting the audio to be sent from the SC3900 through it's own set of RCA's to my X500, and then control the audio of the SC3900's like a 'traditional' CD player, but where I am not using CD's.

Is this configuration possible?

Posté Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 8:55 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yup, if using the 3900s sound cards then connect the RCAs to the mixer as you would a normal CD player.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how much success you will have with v8 and the 3900s though - my best success so far has been in hybrid MIDI mode using timecode.

Posté Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 11:33 am
I was hoping that you were going to reply, since we had a previous dialog on it.

Posté Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 12:53 pm
I actually have them sat on my desk at the moment :)

Posté Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 3:19 pm
Are there plans to make them work better as time goes on with VDJ8 or is this more of a Denon issue rather than anything else?

Posté Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 9:27 pm
Give them a try and see how you get on. If you run into issues maybe you will get lucky and be able to capture them. Typically I've only had issues when a capture hasn't been running!

Posté Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 9:41 pm
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I had plenty of issues (freezing up and crashes) when using the 3900's internal sound card with V7. Scott (SBDJ) suggested to use an external sound card (which I now use), and it now works great with no problems. Good luck if you do use the internal card with no problems.
I have not yet used the 3900's with V8, still waiting for dev to fix the V8 platter/audio problem with the 3900's.

Posté Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 3:18 pm
If you're having problems you can replicate then any logs and information is greatly appreciated.

In the options (advanced enabled) set createMidiLog to yes, and midiLogLevel to all (this setting will reset every time you start VDJ). Then replicate the issue and provide us the logs. I've only had a couple of issues with v8 and the 3900s now - mainly that I sometimes lose platter control on both decks. As yet I've not been fortunate enough to catch a log of it!

Posté Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 5:42 pm
Great. In the next few weeks, I'll have all of this set up again and I'll see how far I can get. I guess since there's not a ton of users with the SC3900's, logs and regression reports are far and few between. I'd love to get them working perfectly in V8. (Not really interested in getting them working in V7 too much anymore.)

What was the sound card that SBDJ recommended? It may be worth making a small investment.

Thanks!

Posté Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 9:02 am
Anything except those in the 3900s in my experience!

Posté Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 10:02 am
Great to know guys im following this thread closely. My current set up iz two Denons SC3900's, American Audio 14Mxr,VDJ 7, Dell Laptop. Everything Running 100% Using soundcard from 14mxr (never tried DJing with sound cards from the denons) i have VDJ 8 on my home pc to check it out & test out different skins. But scared to DJ live with 8 untill i read on these forms that 3900's and VDJ 8 are a happy couple ;-)

Posté Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 10:29 pm
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I use either the Focusrite 18i6, or the Behringer FC610 soundcards when using the 3900's with no issues.

Posté Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 6:05 pm
Any updates on this? I just bought my sc3900 and would like to hear back from you guys on the matter of functionality with vdj8.

Posté Wed 20 May 15 @ 2:46 pm
djreventon2007 wrote :
Any updates on this? I just bought my sc3900 and would like to hear back from you guys on the matter of functionality with vdj8.

works just fine for me. my set up is two SC3900's, American Audio 14MXR, VDJ8, laptop. (DONT) use the sound cards from the denons. use your mixers soundcard (if it has one) but yes i tested both ways and when i use denon as soundcard drops outs & freeze.

Posté Fri 22 May 15 @ 4:25 am
Are the soundcard problems in the SC3900 exclusive to just Mac or is this also occurring in Windows?

Isn't the SC3900 natively supported since VDJ v7.4? Is it all MIDI, all HID, or some timecode hybrid MIDI mode still?

Posté Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 7:05 pm
Reticuli wrote :
Are the soundcard problems in the SC3900 exclusive to just Mac or is this also occurring in Windows?

Isn't the SC3900 natively supported since VDJ v7.4? Is it all MIDI, all HID, or some timecode hybrid MIDI mode still?

dont know if the soundcard problems are exclusive to mac cause im team windows & never have nor never will use a mac. but as far windows i have not tried it in a long tyme (using denons soundcard) because my mixer has one built in & since everything works 100% dont want to take the chance of changing things around

Posté Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 2:41 pm
I'll scratch the sc3900 off, then, and wait for that new Gemini.

Posté Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 10:00 pm
I have the denon SC 3900's and I do have a few issues with virtual dj 8. I was running 7 with them but I forced myself to use 8 so that I could use the latest software. I use an external soundcard the Hercules DJ Trim 4&6. with both 7 and 8 I can not get my platter to control the program. everything else works fine, freezes very rarely if ever and I mostly run music videos. I must keep the "vinyl" button off to play music therefore have no control over the platter. if I turn the vinyl button on all music stops in both VJD 7 and 8. I have a brand new Alienware PC. WOULD LOVE IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME!!!

Posté Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 9:34 pm
@tapthat - you need to have the firmware version 1168 for your sc3900s. That is why you can't get the platter to work and why it goes haywire. Make sure the USB you use is formatted in FAT32 when you go for the upgrade, or else the update will not work.

As for the rest of you with sound card problems (Mac or pc), like Dj Tyme said, don't use the denon 3900 sound cards. They sound bad and may not even work. Always use your mixers built in sound card or an external sound card.

Posté Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 2:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)