Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet Browser zoom skin installation error 8

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey kids, finally decided to update the backup laptop to VDJ8. Removed all the old, installed all the new 8, database, settings,etc., everything worked perfect except the Browser Zoom skin will not install for me on that laptop. Asus X55A, Windows 8.1. Says installation error 8. Ideas?

Posté Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 2:19 pm
mrgrumpy1 wrote :
Hey kids, finally decided to update the backup laptop to VDJ8. Removed all the old, installed all the new 8, database, settings,etc., everything worked perfect except the Browser Zoom skin will not install for me on that laptop. Asus X55A, Windows 8.1. Says installation error 8. Ideas?

Thought I would reignite this question cause I still have the problem on my backup laptop. Anyone have any ideas?

Posté Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 4:33 pm
Are you sure that's exactly what it says?

I've just Googled for "installation error 8" and your post is all that comes up.

Can you post a screen shot of the message?

At what point does the message occur? When you run the skin exe?

Have you tried copying the skin zip from elsewhere and placing it directly in the skin folder?

Posté Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 6:52 am
So yeah, I'm quite confused also. I used this same plugin for 7, with 7, on this laptop before I updated to 8. I use it on my main laptop with 8. The 'Installation error 8' flag appears within 1.5 seconds of the install click. Kinda beats me.:-)

Posté Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 6:25 pm
And just now I realized this should have gone in the skins forum! Oops!!

Posté Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 7:48 pm
Hmmm...

It could be an error caused by the OS (something that's not installed etc) or it could be the installlation file.

Without any online info on that error though, who knows? :-(

You might want to consider going online with Microsoft support to see if they can help. IME they're pretty good.

For now, I would suggest copying the skin zip file from your other computer straight into the skin folder on the new one.

Posté Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 5:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Thats usually an error due to Antivirus blocking (e.g. Norton)

Posté Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 8:11 am
Hey guys Thanks for the help! I don't know if it was an antivirus issue, but I did copy the zip from the main laptop, pasted it to the skins folder in the backup laptop, and it works fine. Seems there's always a way!! Shots for the house.:)

Posté Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 6:33 pm
Hi guys. I too was having installation error 8 when trying to install skins on VDJ 8. The solution that worked for me was to install the skin as administrator and that worked for me. Hope that helps.

Posté Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 9:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)