Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Sampler Volume Knob Map V7

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi All,
I'm using V7 latest. I'm trying to map a knob to control the sampler volume for a specified slot.
I am able to use: 'sampler volume" which by itself works great for global sampler volume, but when I try: "sampler_volume 1" it does not control slot 1's volume. I also tried a specific name: "sampler_volume 'siren'" which also doe not work. Yes I do have samples loaded in all 12 slots. Is V7 only able to use the global "sampler volume" and not "sampler_volume X"?
I basically have a bunch of assignable knobs and I would like to have a specific knob assigned to a sample in a specific slot for volume.
Help please! Thanks in advance.
Clay

Posté Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 12:08 pm
If sampler volume works, try sampler volume 1 (no underscore).

Alternatively try dropping the r and using sample_volume_1 (which is the older code).

Posté Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 12:17 pm
Thanks Groovin, but no luck.
I tried both your suggestions and still can't get individual sampler slot volume control. Interesting that it will control global sampler volume using "sampler volume" though. I also tried placing an underscore between 'sampler' and 'volume' with no luck.
Any other suggestions? Anyone?
Thanks again.

Posté Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 3:10 pm
basxrPRO InfinityMember since 2011
ClayDJ wrote :
Any other suggestions?

try this for a knob : sampler default volume

and if you have a couple spare buttons I'd go for : sampler default select +1 and/or sampler default select -1
this controls just 1 slot at a time.
when mapped to a deck specific control knob you actually control 2 slots , but only when the selected sample on that deck is different than that of the opposite deck :)

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 2:10 am
I can 100% confirm that sample_volume_1 works fine here.

I've just loaded up Mix Lab 3.1 (original version) in VDJ 7.4.1 and each of the 12 separate volume faders in the skin move the volume faders in the "sampler" window in the lower half of the screen. The skin uses sample_volume_X to control all 12 faders.

In the VDJ 8 version (which I updated) the code used is sampler_volume 1

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 4:14 am
groovindj wrote :

I think he wants individual control of a separate slot but , all in one go might sound cool as well .

@clay , what controller do you use ?

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 5:33 am
HI guys, thanks for your response!
Basxr; I'm using an Akai LPD8 controller.
Groovin; I tried your suggestion of "sampler_volume_1" which also did not work, but I did solve the problem for the proper syntax required.
For some reason the command: "sampler x volume" (x is whatever slot you want) which will (also) work for individual volume control of the sampler slots. It needs to have the slot number in between "sample" and "volume" with no underscores. That particular syntax is not listed anywhere in the script as the correct command (what's up Atomix?). I stumbled upon it through experimentation.
Thanks again for everyone's help.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 11:53 am
basxr wrote :

I think he wants individual control of a separate slot

Yes, I know. That's exactly how the Mix Lab skin works. 12 faders, one for each slot.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 12:29 pm
the command deck 1 sampler default volume & deck 2 sampler default volume controls the volume of the sample that is selected on the skin , on deck 1 & the same for deck 2 . (assuming the skin has only one sampler slot per deck) selecting the same sample on both decks plays just 1 sample

So , mapping this command to a slider would do the trick. PLUS you can select a different sample (without loading a new sample to your slot) Plus you
can see what's going on .

With the AKAI you must specify a deck . (left,right, 1,2 ....)
that's why it didn't work before
In v7 I mapped the sampler volume to my pitch sliders (param_invert & sampler default volume) and sampler select +1 and-1 to the 2 pitch scale buttons .
Combine this with the plug-in 'sampler manager' . and go insane

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 3:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)