Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Sujet CANT ACCES SONGS ON PREMIER AND SOUND LEVELS FLUCTUATING

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Overall great job on the updated version 8.

I have the new vdj 8 software and Hercules RMX controller, pc base and content unlimited audio membership.

I am experiencing the following problems:
1. The sound levels go up and down.
2. The master volume control has no control until about 7/8 of the volume control knob.
3. 95% of the songs I want to load do not load. These typically have a purple disk and music note symbol.

Thanks again for your help.

Posté Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 8:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hi,

The purple icons are search results from Netsearch; availability of these files are not guaranteed as these results are outside of our control.

There is currently an issue with Netsearch files which will be fixed soon.

Regards,

Scott

Posté Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 6:43 am
Thanks on the Net search issue - How about the volume problems? The new version Use is limited with this pronounced problem.

SP

Posté Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 9:29 pm
the levels problem....

make sure that the track has fully loaded before playing, until its fully loaded it may still be being analysed for gain (if auto gain is on)

also you could be hitting the built in limiter , which will compress the output to stop distortion, try reducing your gain (you want your tracks to peak at 0db, not play into the red !), you cant turn the limiter off, its there to ensure that VDJ8's out put is distortion free, you can set more headroom , search 'zeroDB' in advanced options and change it from 1.00000 to .750000

Posté Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 7:56 am
Continuing on the music search problem. I understand what the purple icon represents. I am still having trouble - often my music search retrieves only purple icon songs, including songs/artists that i have already found with a red icon and have accessed/cached. Seems the software sometimes works and sometimes does not. As for the volume - the gains are set midway and the problem still occurs when mixing. A song will come in at the right volume then get louder on its own or vis versa. Also, the gain controls on the rmx controller only adjust the volume after about 7/8 of the way - meaning no volume control until the 7/8 position.

Thanks for your help.

Posté Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 10:55 pm
Feed back on my last post on this thread from the vdj tech crew would be appreciated.

Posté Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 9:11 pm
Does this help? The gains on the controller, are separate from the gains on the skins. You must move the gains on the controllers, to match the gains on the skin, and then they will become active. In options, set auto gain to auto. The meters on your controller, should not stay in the red. A momentary spike is OK. Look at the limiter on the skin. When it peaks in the red, you will hear it kick in, and your volumes will drop, and the bass will be dull. Raise the volume, after the controller. What is the zeroDB setting in audio options?

Posté Sat 28 Feb 15 @ 3:56 am
Thanks for the reply A Man. I understand the auto gain function and the skin "catching" up with the controller. The issue is not centered around a peak volume, but rather it happens during a general audio setting. Almost seems like a lag between the controller and software - perhaps?? Question on you post u mention zero db setting - where can I find that setting in the Audio Options menu?

Posté Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 8:44 pm
Open config, click 'options', open the 'audio' section and change zeroDB from the default of 1 to (for example) 0.75 - which is where I have mine.

This will provide a bit more space between the signal and the limiter threshold, but it will reduce the output volume, so you may need to raise your amp / speaker levels a little if you notice the difference.

Posté Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 7:29 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)