Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet Spout for Virtual DJ - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hello everyone,

Virtual DJ plugins for Spout out and Spout in are included in the latest Spout release.

http://spout.zeal.co/forums/topic/update-spout-2-002-beta/

These are for Virtual DJ 8 only and will not work with Version 7 or earlier.

Due to the DirectX 9 internals of Virtual DJ, the texture sharing has to be done in a round about way so performance is not optimal, but it is not too bad. They have had some user testing but not to any extent, so give them a try.

Many thanks to Scott for his help along the way.

Lynn Jarvis

Posté Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 6:39 pm
Performance has been great on my machine and I've been using this since Scott's first beta plugin.

But I agree it is badass and I'm so glad I can now use Resolume on either my Mac or PC !

Posté Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 7:18 pm
These plugins have been developed independently so you need to re-evaluate performance.

I think Scott's code would be very similar because there isn't much alternative to doing things the way it is done, so I would not expect any difference in performance. But there will be other differences and so be on the lookout for problems. Experience tells me that there is usually some back and forth needed if any problems emerge.

That said, I think they are pretty stable right now so my hope is high.

Posté Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 1:17 am
Is this working in VDJ 8? Tried everything, but nada. The only way to get it on the VDJ screen was over the Camera plugin in VDJ 7. Strange, isn't it? Whenever I try it in VDJ 8, TM plugin takes over the screen with whatever there was earlier and I can't disable it's green button, even when I remove it from the folder. Totally strange...

Posté Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 3:32 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Remove TM before you start VDJ and retest - if the plugin isn't there when VDJ opens then it can't be used...

Posté Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 4:18 pm
I assume you are talking about the receiver plugin "VDJSpoutReceiver" and not the sender "VDJSpoutSender".

I think I might have found the problem. Try this one :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7S_Ch4lX2dYUFZlRVh4d2ticlE/view?usp=sharing

Start the Spout demo sender, then activate the plugin.

Also did you get "VDJSpoutSender" to work?

I installed TellyMedia and it works OK with the Spout plugins present. The TellyMedia output will over-ride the receiver output. Deactivate TellyMedia and it should come back. Is this the way it should work?

Posté Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 7:54 pm
WJ, if you are running TM as visualization, you cannot disable it because you cannot disable a visualization. Spout plugin should not interfere with TM. Also do you have TM camera selected for spout? Just some thoughts on it.

Posté Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 8:23 pm
I have reproduced the fault on an Optimus laptop. I will trace this through and come back when I have it working.

There is no conflict with TellyMedia. The receiver plugin is also a visualisation. Correct me if I am wrong in understanding that you can't have two visualisations at once.

I do not recommend using the Spout camera within TellyMedia. This is a directshow filter and is limited with sender selection. The plugin is entirely different.

Posté Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 11:18 pm
Yeah just mentioned spout camera thing possibly producing some kind of conflict since the end result is they both end communicating to the same place as far as I know.

Posté Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 5:21 am
Sorry if I've made some mess, but I can't get it to work in VDJ8. Maybe it's my laptop thing with Intel's graphic card. I'll stay out of it for a while.

Posté Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 5:36 am
Hey - no mess at all. We need to get this working, and you can help.

This is rather complicated. There is some thread issue to deal with in VirtualDJ and I think I have solved that (there were a few errors I found in the code).

I have determined that the documented NVIDIA solution of an "OptimusEnablement export" works OK for an application but not a plugin. That means if you have the global 3D settings to "Auto", a Spout plugin will not work. You have to set it to "High performance". I have proven that with the FFGL plugins. But I can't get the VDJ plugin to work on the Optimus laptop either way and I don't know why. What I am finding is that the GPU memory available reports as zero.

So WDJ if you would be so kind, could you please run the Spout demo sender, and then the demo receiver. They should work. If not there is a fundamental problem not related to VDJ and we might better look at that on the Spout forum.

Then in the receiver, Help -> System Capabilities. Copy and paste the report here. This will tell us all what you have and how it compares to the Optimus laptop I have.

Then give me a bit of time because this is much more complicated than I thought for dual graphics.

Posté Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 7:48 am
Spout's Sender and Receiver apps are working OK in memoryshare mode, but when I start Sender and tried to enable Receiver's plugin in VDJ 8, nothing happens. Here's the pic:

http://postimg.org/image/o7p2dr5gh/

Posté Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 11:06 am
Thanks for that. From this we see that your graphics adapter is not being recognised as compatible for texture sharing. If this is a dual graphics machine with Intel/NVIDIA it could be set to "Integrated graphics" in the NVIDIA control panel. If you change the Global settings to "High performance", the sender/receiver might work in texture share mode. It would be useful to know what your system is and what graphics is installed.

The Virtual DJ plugin does not support memoryshare mode. I will look at whether this is possible, but I need to get the plugin working for dual graphics first.

By the way, this explains why "SpoutCam" works in TellyMedia, so you do have input by this method.

Posté Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 4:40 pm
Working on my dual graphics (Intel/Nvidia).

Only thing I noticed was it seemed to take a few try's to got the video from VDJ into Resolume.

Still playing around but so far so far, CPU usage isn't bad either.

Posté Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 6:07 pm
Yeah, that makes sense now... Here are the specs of my Ultrabook:

Toshiba Satellite U840W-108
Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Processor for Ultrabook™ with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
36.6cm (14.4”) , Toshiba TruBrite® Cinema HD TFT High Brightness display with 21 : 9 aspect ratio and LED backlighting
Hard disk 320 GB
Solid State Drive 32 (for system cache use only and not user accessible) GB
4,096 (2,048 onboard + 2,048) MB, DDR3 RAM (1,600 MHz)
Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Posté Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 3:38 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You only have an Intel video card so will be limited to memoryshare mode I think.

Posté Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 4:51 am
WDJ, thanks for those details. If the demo sender/receiver start in memoryshare there is nothing much more that can be done. I might look at a memoryshare sender for VDJ maybe.

I have yet to find the problem with the receiver with Optimus Intel/Nvidia, but VDJSpoutSender should be OK.

Posté Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 5:44 am
Hello all,

Here is an update of the plugins for Optimus dual graphics.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7S_Ch4lX2dYVE9UWjdubjRWUTQ&usp=sharing

On an Optimus machine, you must set NVIDIA control panel 3D settings Global to "High performance".

The Sender works fine, but the Receiver has some limitations.

Requirements are :

1) Do not run the sender "VDJSpoutSender" at the same time as "VDJSpoutReceiver" or you will receive a black screen.
i.e. you cannot send and receive at the same time.
2) If you activate "TellyMedia" it will over-ride the input of the receiver.
i.e. do not use more than one visualisation at the same time.
3) If you activate TellyMedia and then de-activate it, the VDJSpoutReceiver "Select" button does not work but this does
not affect the connection with the sender. Somehow using TellyMedia affects opening SpoutPanel (ShellExecuteEx)
i.e. do not use TellyMedia at the same time as the receiver (sender is OK).

I am looking at the possible causes of the symptoms noted but no clue so far. But these work with dual graphics and should be a step closer.

Lynn Jarvis

Posté Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 7:17 am
Lynn, are you saying when TM is using the spout camera filter or what when you say activate / deactivate. If so, sounds like either the spout filter has problems or you have may have other problems.

I am pretty busy at the moment but if you cannot sort this out let me know. TM should have zero impact on whatever you are doing and should not be relevant.

The audio only visualization is a one shot that user selects. All effects are layered and it depends on the order they are invoked or what deck / master and if they are controlled internally to display first or last or default order.

Posté Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 9:48 am
I have isolated this to an older version of SpoutPanel that was still in the VirtualDJ Program files folder. So if a copy is still in there it has to be removed. I still don't know what is causing it, but if you install Spout 2.002 it will use the correct version. I will make some more checks and report back here later.

Posté Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 6:11 pm
11%