Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Pioneer xdj-1000 mapping

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

kibo71PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi
I am trying to create virtualdj8 mapping file for Pioneer xdj-1000 players which are to be used with Djm2000nexus mixer all connected to a decent i-Mac computer. The VDJ used is in a pro licence. I have succeeded to map the mixer correctly but I am having some trouble with the xdj-1000 players. The method I am using is the virtual dj mapper tool provided in the settings dialogue box then I add some verbs to the file and I have been able to map most of the buttons but i need some help on some issues.

1. I have not been able to create environment that my 2 xdj-1000 players could assign to different specific VDJ decks. What is happening is that both of the players tend to assign themselves to the active deck of the VDJ software. Once I activate deck A, both of the players tend to work on that side only. What verbs can I add on my XML mapping file in order for the players not to assign themselves to a single VDJ deck?

2. The jogwheels scratching is not accurate. In this I have mapped the jogwheel as touchwheels as advised in some tutorials but when I test the results it seems that when I scratch on the player, the software pics the clockwise movement correctly but the anticlockwise movement is not accurately reproduced on VDJ, the rotation on VDJ goes slower or comes to a stop while the players wheel is still in motion. is there anything that I can add in the xml file to fix that behavior?

3. I want to be map the VDJ waveforms, BPM and hot cues, etc to appear on the players lcd screens. How can I get the Lcd and led panels Mapping values (for buttons and encoders I just press the buttons to get their mapping values on mapping creation window) What verbs and commands can I add on the custom XML file to achieve that.

Abeli

Posté Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 11:50 am
In order to map XDJ-1000 you need to create a proper definition file for it http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller_Definition.html
Still, some areas of the controller (like the waveforms on screen) are not accessible via MIDI. That's a limitation of the device's MIDI protocol.

We are waiting to receive a demo unit so that we can provide an official mapper for it.

Posté Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 12:13 pm
Thank you PhantomDeejay
I think I will need to wait till the release of the official mapper in order to access the advanced functions of the xdj-1000 in VDJ8.

In the meanwhile I need just to use basic functions like buttons and jogwheels, I just remain with one question of the need to assign the players to different decks, can someone help me on what commands to add to the basic mapping file in order to make sure that one xdj-1000 player act on deck 1 on VDJ and the other act on deck 2 on vdj?

Posté Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 1:48 pm
Hi
I managed to mapp the xdjs and are funtioning well, i created 2 different maping files one for.xdj-1000 deck1 and another xdj-1000 deck .Each with deck number followed by action for every button, slider. I remain with only one remaining question.

I want to control the scratching speed to the jogwheels map, it seems the I need to add some parameter to the acton touchwheel in order to cotrol the scratching speed, my scratching speed seems to be too fast i want to slow the Vdj speed response to the scratching. Does anyone have idea of how i can go about.

Posté Sun 03 May 15 @ 2:16 pm
rade14PRO InfinityMember since 2009
i had de device definition and mapper 92% usable. for xdj-1000 for virtual dj 7.

Posté Sat 09 May 15 @ 8:10 pm
Can I get your mapping and defunition files to try in Vdj 8. Please.

Posté Sun 10 May 15 @ 2:19 pm
rade14PRO InfinityMember since 2009
put this file into device folder
and this in mappers

Moderated by PhantomDeejay
Links to external sites in order to download add-ons is forbidden.
If you wish to share your creation please upload it on the proper area of the site so that our team can review it and everyone else can download / benefit from it.
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/

Posté Wed 13 May 15 @ 7:04 am
I see now xdj 1000 is listed among natively supported controllers. This is good news for me and my crew. I will try the updeted build of Vdj8 and see the results.

Thank you Vdj team!

Posté Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 2:54 am
I see now xdj 1000 is listed among natively supported controllers. This is good news for me and my crew. I will try the updeted build of Vdj8 and see the results.

Thank you Vdj team!

Posté Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 2:59 am
amrockHome userMember since 2011
Hi had anyone got any mappings for the xdj1000 mk2 please I'm having trouble setting them up please

Posté Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 11:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Pioneer XDJ-1000 MK2 is not (yet) supported.

Your only choice is to create a custom definition but keep in mind that...
- You will need a Pro Infinity or Pro Subscription license in order to work with custom definitions.
- LCD screens will not be properly working unless you have some inside info from Pioneer regarding its HID protocol

Posté Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 6:41 am
Hi I was thinking about buying the one u pay monthly for as it says it supports the xdj1000 as its on the controllers list so can someone please tell me if it works as I don't really wanna get something that doesn't work. I know it works on traktor but I like virtual Dj better as that's what I'm use too

Posté Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 7:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
XDJ-1000 will work (plug n play - officially supported), so you can buy such units, no problem with that.
XDJ-1000 MK2 is not supported and will not work out of the box

Posté Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 7:43 am
Thank you for your help I take it the mk2 won't b that long till that becomes a plug and play

Posté Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 8:34 am
Any news about native support XDJ-1000 mk2 ?

Just got a pair today

Posté Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 2:54 pm
Hi. Please send a PM with some contact info if you're interested to help.

Thanks!

Posté Fri 12 May 17 @ 9:10 am
tj0000Home userMember since 2017
I want mappers of xdj 700 with vdj 7
Or any other help so can i use my xdj 700 with vdj 7

Posté Tue 20 Aug 19 @ 6:43 pm
If you want to use the XDJ-700 with VDJ then you need to use VDJ 8 - and you will need to buy a license.

The XDJ-700 is natively supported by VDJ 8. VDJ 7 has been dead more than three years.

Posté Tue 20 Aug 19 @ 7:29 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)