Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet Changing effects beat length with a button.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm trying but failing to get the right method for this, its frying my brian :-(

I am selecting/activating an effect with a button and have supplied two rotary sliders to adjust params 1 and 2. I would like to display the beat setting (length - slider 2 usually) on the skin, and provide two other buttons to adjust the BEAT length of the effect.

The icing on the cake would be to display the length in milliseconds, but separately dispay and adjust the BEAT as above...

Any ideas?

This is the final piece of the skin before I can submit version 0.99 for approval! :-)

Posté Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 11:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure i understand well, but you know that the Effects of VirtualDJ dont have BEATS (like the izotope of Serato), right ?
some Effects do have, but its not a standard, so the "Beats" or "Length" could be Parameter 1, Parameter 2 etc.

Posté Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 5:23 pm
I'm referring to the effect repeat length, which you can set using parameter 2 on a few effects such as echo and phaser. I would like to 'get' this current value and display it in a text zone. I would also like to step it up or down using buttons in discrete steps, rather than the continuous slider.

I would like the user to see the current 'beat' repeat setting (param 2) and modify it realtime using buttons to jump between different 'loop' lengths.

I'm sure the display part is possible with the right command, but I'm not convinced the repeat interval can be set (in beats) very easily....

Posté Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 6:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
effect repeat length ?? Sorry cant follow you. Are reffered to a specific Effect, the repeat action or something else ??

Ok i ll give my best shot, even though i think you are trying to follow a path that wont lead you anywhere since the Effects of VirtualDJ dont follow any standards unfortunately.

E.g. the Echo Effect. You need to provide buttons instead of a slider to adjust the Length Parameter Nr.2. The specific parameter gets values from 1/64 to 8 beats, so you need actions for your +/- buttons like ... effect_slider 2 +/-10% , (since it has 11 different values)
The text you need to show on your skin is <text action="get_effect_slider_text 2" />

Posté Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 6:06 am
That's exactly what I was trying to do! I will try the code tonight when I get home... thanks for the help :-)

Posté Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 6:16 am
How would I alter the syntax to call a specific effect e.g. echo?

Posté Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 1:53 pm
The problem is that this code will get the currently active effect, and as such works as you said. I need to access a specific effect to modify its slider value regardless of whether the effect is currently active or not.

Posté Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 4:01 pm
sort of got it: action="effect 'echo' slider 2 text" but its returning the value of the slider between 0 and 1 rather than beats. I have tried many combinations of 'get' and underscores, spaces, quote marks etc, but no joy....

The buttons up n down worked great using: action="effect 'echo' slider 2 +/- 10%

Posté Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 5:10 pm
how to set beat parameter for effects as in djm 900nxs

Posté Mon 26 Feb 18 @ 8:11 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)