Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Manual edit the precision of the pitch

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I don't know if its possible to do this right now with a script but I would really like there to be a script that we can define the precision of the pitch. For example when moving the pitch, i would like the bpm to change with 0.05 numeric and 0.10. Currently its changed depending the %. Why not have a script that will make a bpm from lets say 110.73 make it 110.75

Posté Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 2:02 am
Example: lets say a song is 100 bpm and you want increase it, not by % but by a specific value like 0.05 so it goes like this

99.95 bpm
100 bpm (Original song bpm)
100.05 bpm
100.10 bpm
100.15 bpm

Posté Mon 07 Mar 16 @ 5:31 pm
Meaning; right now at a 12% pitch range it moves up by .2, at a 16% it moves up by .3%, at a 25% it moves up by .5%, and so on. My problem is that I'd like my pitch fader to move up by around .5% each time, but I don't want the pitch range to be at 25% because it makes the sound quality worse. So, either being able to control the pitch slider universally, meaning each time step is a specific amount, like .5 bpm or by a percentage, if you had pitch range set at 12%, you could do pitch range 12% x 0.005 at it would make a 72bpm track increase by around .3 for instance. Do you know what I mean? Thanks.

Posté Mon 07 Mar 16 @ 5:31 pm
I'm not sure if this would be possible...

The way I'm thinking is that the pitch fader (real or virtual) is a fixed length. It has a fixed amount of distance it can travel.

Now consider that you have to fit (say) 100 X into that fixed space. X has to be small. On the other hand, if you only have to fit 6 X in, then each X can be much bigger.

So if (or when) you change the size of X, then the amount you can fit in will change, because the space you have is fixed.

Posté Mon 07 Mar 16 @ 5:41 pm
Whatever the length of the pitch can support. Im happy if i can change it by using 0.5 + - increasments and get a max 3bpm difference... Maybe we can do it by 0.10

Posté Mon 07 Mar 16 @ 5:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Both exact bpm steps and exact pitch steps are already possible.

For example:
pitch +0.1%
pitch -0.1%
pitch +0.05 bpm
pitch -0.05 bpm

Posté Tue 08 Mar 16 @ 10:30 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
there's no mention of bpm adjustment in the pitch script description

Posté Tue 08 Mar 16 @ 11:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)