Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Karaoke Feature Requests - Page: 6

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

BillbwePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Looking good Scott, thanks. Need to try to get my head around these features.

Posté Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:08 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djsherz wrote :
Definitely a step in the right direction. Like the previous poster, I too use music videos for background, so any option for doing this would be great.

Request noted :)

djsherz wrote :
Quick question though, how do you use the rotation mode manually? I gather that there's a command called "karaoke_show", but I tried applying this to a spare button, but it didn't do anything. Am I just looking at this all ar$e about face? Could I use the #singer and #position tags elsewhere, such as in a scrolling text plugin for example?

Just stick your singers in the singer list, and when you enable karaoke_show, that singer list should show up as you have configured it. As you add/remove from the singer list, it will update dynamically. At the moment those tags can only be used in the karaoke view.

djsherz wrote :
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, just been tinkering around in the background image settings, I can't seem to get the text to "word wrap" - if the line of text is too long, it just gets lost. Fitting the singer's name(s) plus the name of the song is never going to fit onto one line without wrapping it to the line below...

You can expand/resize the box and adjust the font size. You can also use newline constants in the format field (\n) to force a line break if that aids you in formatting. We could probably add a line wrap option though, I did experiment with this :)

So for now you could use something like (a simple example) #position: #singer\n #title by #artist

Posté Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:37 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ah that's making a bit more sense now, thanks for the explanation! Great to see the karaoke side of VDJ finally getting some attention. Onwards and upwards! :)

Posté Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:48 pm
+1 for being able to use Video for Karaoke background...pretty please :)

Posté Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 10:01 pm
I meant to say +1 to have video as one of the options available for Karaoke Background Music (was late when I was posting and I missed out the Music part!)

Posté Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 6:54 am
Feature requests:

Drag from Karaoke History - Remember singers name. The history folder keeps the name then inside the song so use this info when dragging to the karaoke wait list please?

Show singer list at start of gig when VideoOnlyVisualisation is running - at the moment I have to load a music video to get the list to show.

Drop Shadow on the text OR have an opaque box around the singers list - sometimes not easy to read the text when its on a projector screen with certain videos behind it.

Posté Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 12:47 am
mixitPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i would also like to see being able to use music videos for Karaoke background in automix/sidelist

Posté Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 1:44 pm
Music Videos for Karaoke background??

Do you mean:

1. You want to play a music video while you have somebody up singing.. Words showing over a Music Video
2. You want to be able to show the Karaoke waiting list at the same time as playing a Music Video..

Point 2 is possible already and i work like this:
I create 2 custom buttons, one of which works the magic to show the karaoke wait list and the other is fantastic for adding singers to the list..

1. go to the Karaoke sidelist and click the Cog for Karaoke Options, in the Karaoke pane.
2. select "Background Image..."
3. Under "Background" select 'none'
there are a good few options here to adjust but you can come back later to those..
4. close the karaoke options, you can come back here later to make further changes..
5. Create a custom button called Singer and add this command..
karaoke_add & browser_window 'karaoke' & browser_scroll 'bottom' & edit_singer
6. Create another Custom Button called Karaoke List (or K List if youre short on screen button space) This will turn the list on/off onscreen.
Use the command.. karaoke_show

At the moment you will need to activate your video out and load a music video before the karaoke_show will work (loading an mp3 wont work)

Now when you find the song you want to add to the list, select it (turns blue or similar), click the new custom button for SINGER, a popup requestor will ask for the Singer's name and it will be there at the bottom of the karaoke list ready and waiting..
Have a play around with this and then go back to the karaoke options (as above) and you can mess around with changing fonts/size/position

Posté Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 1:59 am
marksmolinski wrote :

Do you mean:

1. You want to play a music video while you have somebody up singing.. Words showing over a Music Video
2. You want to be able to show the Karaoke waiting list at the same time as playing a Music Video..

From the list of background music options available when Karaoke is activated, you can choose Sidelist, Automix, Specific Folder, Specific File but these options currently only work with audio files. I would like to be able to use videos in one of these options and believe that is what the others are referring to as well but of course, I could be wrong.

Posté Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 5:15 pm
marksmolinski wrote :

Do you mean:

Point 2 is possible already and i work like this:
I create 2 custom buttons, one of which works the magic to show the karaoke wait list and the other is fantastic for adding singers to the list..

1. go to the Karaoke sidelist and click the Cog for Karaoke Options, in the Karaoke pane.
2. select "Background Image..."
3. Under "Background" select 'none'
there are a good few options here to adjust but you can come back later to those..
4. close the karaoke options, you can come back here later to make further changes..
5. Create a custom button called Singer and add this command..
6. Create another Custom Button called Karaoke List (or K List if youre short on screen button space) This will turn the list on/off onscreen.
Use the command.. karaoke_show

At the moment you will need to activate your video out and load a music video before the karaoke_show will work (loading an mp3 wont work)

Now when you find the song you want to add to the list, select it (turns blue or similar), click the new custom button for SINGER, a popup requestor will ask for the Singer's name and it will be there at the bottom of the karaoke list ready and waiting..
Have a play around with this and then go back to the karaoke options (as above) and you can mess around with changing fonts/size/position

Posté Wed 03 Aug 16 @ 3:03 am
The rotation display is a great new feature, but as I mentioned before, some tweaks would be useful. I'm running it manually via the karaoke_show command mapped to a button, so that I can play music videos between songs. Apart from the lack of automatic word-wrapping, the text can sometimes look a little lost on some music videos, depending on the colours in the video at the time. This would be solved by adding a black outline around the text - is this something that could be done relatively easily, or is that a coding nightmare?

Also, the ability to have the singer display in the form of scrolling text along the bottom of the screen would be a MAJOR improvement, especially if it could be onscreen permanently, not just between songs. Any KJ who is having a busy night will tell you that it's a pain having impatient punters coming up to you all night asking when they're going to be on!

Oh. and while I'm thinking about it, is there any way to make the software automatically prompt you for the singer's name when a song is dragged into the karaoke list? Would save some unnecessary clicking around.

Posté Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 12:07 am
djsherz wrote :
Oh. and while I'm thinking about it, is there any way to make the software automatically prompt you for the singer's name when a song is dragged into the karaoke list? Would save some unnecessary clicking around.

Create a custom button called Singer and add this command..

Posté Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 1:17 am
Please expand the selection for karaoke background music on "Special Virtual Folder"

Posté Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 10:39 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
marksmolinski wrote :
djsherz wrote :

Create a custom button called Singer and add this command..

Good tip +1

Don't drag the file, just highlight the track and press the button

Benz Werner wrote :
Please expand the selection for karaoke background music on "Special Virtual Folder"

Just clone your virtual folder to the sidelist and then choose sidelist.

Posté Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 11:05 am
Thanks for the tip
but the sidelist I use for something else

Posté Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 11:50 am
with version 8.2 3418 Karaoke can not be started
Virtual crashes immediately

Posté Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 8:02 am
Benz Werner wrote :
with version 8.2 3418 Karaoke can not be started
Virtual crashes immediately

Worked fine for me the other night. Might be time to do a fresh VDJ install.

To add a minor request of my own (yeah I know, another one!) - how about automatically removing tracks off the karaoke playlist once they've been played? For example, after about a minute or so of playback, remove the track from the list, so that the singer list is automatically updated at the end of the song...

Posté Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 9:46 pm
Hey guys, I have been following this feed and I thought I would let you guys know some problems I have had with the karaoke features. Whenever I toggle the feature on, sometimes it won't display the next singer list until I toggle it a few more times. It also seems to take over one deck while it is on so, in between karaoke songs, I have trouble mixing the two decks with it on, causing me to turn it off again. But, when I turn it off it doesn't want to act right when I turn it back on making it unreliable. Also, there were a few times where the next singer list wouldn't disappear when I started playing a karaoke track, so again, I had to toggle it off and reload track for it to work...
I really like the feature, but I would like to see it be less buggy. Hope this feedback helps make vdj8 even better then it already is. And thank you for finally implementing this feature! It helps a lot!

Posté Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 7:54 pm
Dear Atomix team,

do you have seen my wish??

Benz Werner wrote :

Posté Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 2:57 pm
I'd like the on screen display of next performers to ignore played tracks (I leave them in to keep track of my rotation, but I don't want VirtualDJ thinking they're next when they've already been played).

Posté Fri 03 Feb 17 @ 3:36 am
94%