Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Sujet Bug still exists VDJ8.1 - VDJ Randomly shuts off during a gig

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I believe my old thread to this is sitting in the (what is now known as) VDJ7 Mac forum.

* Early 2011 MacBook Pro 13" - El Capitan (latest.. i'll edit this later with the exact version number when I can fire it up and get it)
* VDJ 8.1 (latest as of yesterday, will also post complete version number when I get a chance to fire up)
* Attached solid state 2 TB Drive
* Internet attached via Ethernet cable (wifi disabled)
* HDMI Via mini VGA port
* USB Headphones (listed as second sound card)
* Android Mobile App (connected via wifi to the router the MacBook is hardwired in to)
* 99.9 % of what I play has a video attached, however, CU, and songs without video default to the slideshow.
* ShowLogo plugin is almost always engaged.
* HDMI runs from the MacBook to a HDMI Booster before it gets split to run across the bar.

Occasionally and randomly, VDJ will literally shut off in the middle of a song. All of my Video screens drop to the desktop. I don't even get a notification that the software crashed.

I've gone 6 hours of DJing without this happening, I've also not been able to go 30 minutes in to the night before it happens. There is no rhyme or reason as to why it happens. I've never had it happen more than once in a night, but it will happen at least once every 2 - 3 weeks.

Would VDJ maintain a debug log that might indicate what's going on when the software crashes?

Hopefully this one can be figured out, whether its a true bug or some stupid error in my settings. Crashing out during a gig is getting embarrassing.

Posté Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 2:28 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
A crash report has probably been uploaded since you were online while VDJ crashed.

Posté Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 3:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Try running without ShowLogo8 enabled; another user has managed to capture an issue with it.

Posté Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 3:55 pm
OSX version: 10.11.1
VDJ Version: 8.1 mac build 2587.1086
Android Version: 5.1
VDJ Remote Version: 8.0.2488

I have noticed a couple times i've had this crash out, it happened when i was trying to get the VDJ Remote to reconnect after my wifi spiked. I need to install a better router in the DJ Booth. I'm not sure if this is coincidental, but it is worth noting. It has never happened when i wasn't using VDJ Remote for the evening.

Showlogo is a possibility. I started using VDJ Remote and Showlogo around the same time, and this condition started after that. Do we have a plugin available similar to showlogo? I know VDJ does have a logo feature built in it, but it doesn't allow for transparency, and I'm limited on size and location. I will disable Showlogo now, and report back if i have another issue.

Posté Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 7:19 pm
@SBDJ - Would this be a bug in the Mac version of ShowLogo8? The Bar's house computer is a WIndows 7 PC running VDJ8. When one of the guest DJs comes in, i use the house computer to display his logo using ShowLogo, and I sync videos up to whatever he is playing. I've never had a crash out on the PC.

Another thought: I originally started DJing with a Macbook Air. The crash out happened on it once (early june), and i figured it was too slow to handle the 1080 and 4k HD videos i push through, so i upgraded to the Macbook Pro i currently use. When I get home, I'm going to check to see if I installed Showlogo on it. I will also see if i started using the VDJ Mobile app before or after switching to the pro. I'm pretty sure i used ShowLogo on it, and started the App after i got the Macbook Pro. This would help me rule out the mobile app (as of right now, i still think the mobile app could be a contributor to this problem)

Posté Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 9:30 pm
i noticed i had show logo displaying my logo off my external hard drive (as opposed to the internal drive).. i wonder if this could have affected my issue. Still grabbing at straws for a fix.

Posté Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 7:21 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No, an issue has been identified in the Mac version of ShowLogo8 which can cause a crash. I'll have a fixed build available very soon.

Until then I'd recommend you don't use it if you're experiencing the crash :)

Posté Fri 11 Dec 15 @ 8:44 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)