Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet continued support for version 7

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

as i love to scratch,cant help but say it's a pity v8 scratch algo is not up to par as v7....i just did a comparison with the two and i must say v7 sounds really pleasant compared to v8 in terms of scratching..the only thing is v7 has a bug of not being compatible with the year 2016 when it comes to entries in the library(the first played was fixed,unfortunately not the more important first seen date entry)..vdj 8 would be my dream software with v7 scratch...goin forward i think using the scratch algo from v7 fused into v8 is a solution...but until then fixing that bug in v7 is critical)..there is also a bug in v7 where if u use the fast stretching algo.it cracks only when doin gradual reset of pitch.hope u guys look into this

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 11:00 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
VDJ7 is only receiving maintenance and critical bug updates at this stage and at some point they will have to cease too. I will have a look into the date issue.

If you're having a problem with VDJ8 then report it in the appropriate forum, preferably with supporting material :)

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 11:42 pm
No offence, but i see the "first seen" sort as a "critical bug update" in terms of library...a correction of this will be highly appreciated...as the fast stretching bug can be bypassed by using advanced stretching. Thanks VDJ Team in advance!

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 11:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I said I would look into it... :)

As for your timetretch issue no changes are likely to be made to the master tempo at this stage and advanced sounds far far better anyway.

Posté Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 3:09 am
Dj Pari M wrote :
v8 scratch algo is not up to par as v7

How so? The general opinion seems to be that it's much improved. See this article.

Posté Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 9:54 am
this is with dvs. i am using the ns 7.the scratch sounds really digital in v8. i know the settings are hardcoded in the software already since there is no registry tweaks for this. i have tried all different settings in v8(ramp,sensititvity,scratch filter,pitch quality etc). i am no turntablist but it definitely sounds better with version 7..with the ns7 controller at least...i cant say for any other.

Posté Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 3:35 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)