Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Sujet Crossfader Options in AutoMix

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello All,
I am loving my journey in VDJ. So as I am a "newbie" to it (longtime Traktor Pro user) I like the automix option. But I am wondering if there are crossfader volume options.
I used to use BPM Studio's automixer because it had many options. In particular Option 6 (image attached) where the song playing fades out and the next track comes in full volume.
Is this possible?

Posté Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 1:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posté Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 10:26 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Indeed it is possible to have not symetrical crossfading with user custom curves (but maybe not in automix, dunno).

Example with fade mode 5 in the picture above :

crossfader_curve '0=[1,0]/0.5=[1,1]/0.501=[0,1]/1=[0,1]'

Posté Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 9:49 am
I also would appreciate having a non symmetrical curve in Automix. Like the transition that is mostly used in radio stations: the playing song fades and the new song kicks in with full volume.

Posté Sat 09 Apr 16 @ 2:04 pm
It works with non symetrical fades.

What you have to do is use the automixDualDecks option. Then the crossfader will fade with the selected curve, even if this curve is non symetrical I just tried it. The bad side being, you would have to change the crossfader curve for each incoming song depending on the side it is.

Example you just gave :

Fading from left to right, right kicks in suddenly :

crossfader_curve '0=[1,0]/0.499=[0.5,0]/0.5=[0.5,1]/1=[0,1]'

You can even adjust it to swith the kick at 0.25 instead of 0.5, would render something better with how automix actually fades songs.

Posté Sat 09 Apr 16 @ 2:24 pm
Thanks fruit! I wasnt aware of that. I will play with that. However, I read that dual deck automix is depreciated, so that leaves some concerns.

Posté Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 11:40 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It was deprecated in v7.
Now it is back again with v8.

Posté Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 12:06 pm
Hey Fruit, as you said, it works but it would require changing the curve every time there is a transition to the other deck. I was thinking about if this could be accomplished with a script, but that would mean the script has to run in the background all the time during automix and checking for the currently playing deck. I wonder if this is practicable.

Posté Thu 14 Apr 16 @ 9:31 am
Have been asking for something like this for a long time now. What would be ideal is when the fading track reaches a certain level the next one kicks in at full volume. If the track stops dead then the next one starts instantly.

As above, BPM Studio worked like that but none of the newer software seems to do this apart from radio automation programs.

The main reason I never use automix in VDJ is that it doesn't ever blend properly. If the above or something similar could be implemented it would be perfect for me.

Posté Thu 14 Apr 16 @ 11:07 am
Sound&Silence wrote :
Hey Fruit, as you said, it works but it would require changing the curve every time there is a transition to the other deck. I was thinking about if this could be accomplished with a script
I'm not sure this can be done, however I'll give it a quick try and let you know. Maybe Locodog would be able to do such scripts way better than me...

Posté Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 10:23 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)