Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Ask the DJ ideas

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ask the DJ ideas...

I see the request part can get out of hands but where I really see this as useful when working complex events (weddings, etc) and the planner/venue captain needs to relay a message to you.

Give the important folk the url/txt and save them the trouble of running around trying to TELL you.

This is a PERFECT way for them to say 'time to introduce the bridal party' or 'announce last call'.

Maybe 'sell' that point instead and make it easier when you get a notification.

Sure wish I had this for several weddings I had done.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 4:40 pm
Love the ideas! +1

Posté Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 4:56 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Someone on djtechtools mentioned a direct link between Ask the DJ and your Paypal account.
That is a great idea if you ask me :D

Posté Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:25 am
Ask The DJ should also be in the sideview, instead of being in the root tree.
Another good thing would be Facebook integration with the hashtag, just like in Twitter.

Posté Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 11:03 pm
ewitles wrote :

I see the request part can get out of hands but where I really see this as useful when working complex events (weddings, etc) and the planner/venue captain needs to relay a message to you.
Give the important folk the url/txt and save them the trouble of running around trying to TELL you.
This is a PERFECT way for them to say 'time to introduce the bridal party' or 'announce last call'.
Maybe 'sell' that point instead and make it easier when you get a notification.

I'm sure you tested this out before writing this post but you made me wonder so I wrote a short Lewd message and it came up. What I need to find out is how to change the refresh rate on it, and as multiple people are saying is this needs to be an option on the side menu

Posté Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 5:41 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The refresh rate is hardcoded. It should be around 5 seconds.

Posté Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 11:47 am
A new message light some ware on the skin would be a good idea, in case you don't have the root view open

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 10:23 am
wblairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I second this post..... A new message light some ware on the skin would be a good idea, in case you don't have the root view open

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 3:01 pm
PachN wrote :
The refresh rate is hardcoded. It should be around 5 seconds.

It's now in options: askTheDJFrequency

sureview wrote :
A new message light some ware on the skin would be a good idea, in case you don't have the root view open

It's already the case.
Just need to right click on the askTheDJ folder, and select monitoring->always ;)

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 3:45 pm
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
djjoesilva wrote :
Ask The DJ should also be in the sideview, instead of being in the root tree.
Another good thing would be Facebook integration with the hashtag, just like in Twitter.

I haven't seen or used this feature before, but could you open up the app in the root tree and then on the bottom of your sidelist, add it as a favorite? Not sure because I haven't used it. Just a thought.

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 8:29 pm
Cannen wrote :
".....but could you open up the app in the root tree and then on the bottom of your sidelist, add it as a favorite?"

You can.

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 7:43 am
Hi I have been using Ask the DJ for about 2 weeks and found that having both Http://ask/the/dj and using Twitter at the same time was great but the last update has stopped that is there a way to have both setup at the same time. Using both options is very helpful to stay in connected with the crowd, so if poss can we have both options with a on/off tab in settings please. Just to say Ask The DJ was a great update and many thanks for you hard work.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 2:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No, there is no way to monitor both at this time.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 2:21 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I would like a way to pull the incoming messages and display them on the screen. Being able to monitor and approve them would be important. Even better would be if other plugins could get the information, like TellyVisuals.

Also, how about adding a log option to save the messages.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 6:00 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)