Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Dj NAme

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

My name is josh and i am in need of a dj name!

please help!!!!!!

Posté Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 1:43 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
dj josh!!!!

Posté Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 2:00 am
ah... here we go again..
in all the year's I've been doing this I have never called myself 'dj' anything but if you feel you really really need one either make one up or let your friends make one up. either way asking in here is just.. well... asking for it. like when your friends are drunk and you ask them a question and you get one of those answers?

but think about what you're playing, who you're playing it for, and where you're going to be playing it. does it need to be hip-hop, techno-ish, or dance-type sounding? is it for wedding dj'ing? or just a general purpose generic dj name because you won't feel complete without one?

in the end its up to you. not us.

Posté Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 8:03 am
Im thinking DJ Wicked Beatz. is this one taken?

Posté Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 6:39 pm
DJ josh1738 wrote :
is this one taken?

Well........can you get any Google results if you search for it?

Posté Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 6:40 pm
nope

Posté Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 6:50 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've just registered it then!!!! rofl

Kidding

Posté Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 6:57 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posté Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 7:25 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
My bigron thing was coined by an agent.
DJ BigRon..horrible!

Be simplistic, unpretentious, and honest Mr DJ Josh!
Better still ..forget about the DJ thing as has been suggested.

Posté Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 1:13 am
Its spelled DJ Wicked Beatz

not DJ wicked beats

Posté Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 5:59 am
unless the name is a copyrighted thing then it's fair game.

however... try and think of something that isn't difficult to remember at the end of the night when the customers are leaving, drunk, distracted, and generally couldn't care less who is playing the music so much as HOW the music was played.

the name isn't what they're going to remember as a selling point.

Posté Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 6:44 am

Posté Sun 12 Feb 17 @ 12:58 pm
Haha! I'm DJ Cheeze Patrol :-)

That's funny, because I have slipmats with a "no cheese" sign on them.

Posté Sun 12 Feb 17 @ 1:30 pm
I have DJed over 40 years and never really used a DJ name. On here I'm djsoulman and on PCDJ, Traktor, Ibiza-spotlight and many other forums I'm Soulman which I have only used on the internet. I tried for a while to use VJ Les when I was using Video in the same club for 8 years. The customers and staff always called me DJ Les and put it on the advertising posters. So, in the end, the customers decided lol.

Back in 2002 when I turned Professional I worked in an American style sportsbar (I'm in the UK btw). I had a package of name drop/jingles made in the USA by Chuck Fresh with his great American voice, perfect for the sportsbar. He also sent a CD with 100 generic jingles with his voice for free. I edited out my surname leaving just DJ Les and tada!! I used them a lot in that sportsbar as no-one else was using jingles at that time and it just seemed to fit. I still use one or two now but very sparingly.

Luckily, 3 years ago I secured the web address http://www.djles.co.uk and built a new website with it.

It all fits together nicely. :-)

Posté Sun 12 Feb 17 @ 2:41 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Since this has been answered and a bit of a magnet for asinine comments.

Posté Fri 20 Jul 18 @ 4:50 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)