Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet iTunes root folder not appearing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I use my iTunes playlists for playing live. I had to reset my PC and now the iTunes folder is not appearing in the explorer sidebar. I have iTunes root element checked in Settings and is also under rootFolders in Options, anything else I am missing?

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 8:26 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
is the itunes folder actually accessible through your os [does it exist]

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 8:34 pm
yes, in my Program Files folder

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 9:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab, search for the iTunesDatabaseFile settings. You will need to provide the exact path of the iTunes Music Library xml file
usually located in C:\Users\YourUsername\Music\iTunes\ folder

Also make sure iTunes exports the necessary xml file http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/iTunes%20not%20showing.html
and of course your Playlists are available within iTunes :)

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 9:32 pm
djdad wrote :
In VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab, search for the iTunesDatabaseFile settings. You will need to provide the exact path of the iTunes Music Library xml file
usually located in C:\Users\YourUsername\Music\iTunes\ folder

Also make sure iTunes exports the necessary xml file http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/iTunes%20not%20showing.html
and of course your Playlists are available within iTunes :)

Thanks, worked!

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 10:40 pm
Hi there
I've got the same problem since updating from vdj 7 to 8.2 working together with itunes 12.5.1 (64-bit) on windows 10!

All settings (itunes database file in VDJ and itunes is sharing the xml-file) are correct, but other than in VDJ 7 sometimes my itunes-playlists won't show up in VDJ 8.2 or it takes minutes (feels like hours!) and several "reload" of itunes folder.
also i had to restart my notebook a few times to make it work!

I have to say that my itunes library has about 70k songs and around 30 playlists...but in VDJ 7 this was no problem at all...

also from time to time my american audio vms 5 suddenly hangs while playing :-( it's not very funny :-(
(now i'm taking 2 cd-players and a small 2-channel mixer with me as backup :-( )
this problem also exists since upgrading from VDJ 7 to 8.2 (but maybe this is a problem to check with american audio support?)

any help is appreciated
thanks and rgds from switzerland

Posté Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 2:51 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)