Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet NS7 ii Pads

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I loaded VDJ8 on my PC, selected my Numark NS7ii mapping in the config. Everything seems to be firing off as it should except my pads are all now dark so I can't see what functions I am triggering. Is it that they have to be tweaked individually or did something go wrong with my install?

Thanks.

PC
Version 8.2 build 3343

Posté Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 5:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is this with the "factory default" mapping ?

Are the Pads dark in all default pad pages ?
E.g. in the Loop, the pads should be dark green, in Slicer, the Leds for the non-running slices should be blue and in the Sampler page, the samples should have the assigned color when not triggered.

The only page that should have Leds off is the Hotcue page when Hotcues are not assigned.

Posté Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 8:51 pm
Based on your question I have now located and downloaded your VirtualDJ8 Pads. Problem solved.
I had assumed that the mapper included in 8 would have included pad control though. Thanks DjDad.

Posté Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 9:48 pm
NS7II does have pads support in the default mapping.

As above, just make sure that you are using the factory default mapping and the "default" skin of version 8.2 (its right on top of the skin list) or a skin that supports Pads

Posté Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 10:19 pm
I was using the default mapper but had changed skin right away. Once I downloaded and installed your pads plug-in everything lit up right away without changing that same skin.
It works now, thanks. I'm not too happy about these new colors though. I'll have a play-around and see if I can get back the default NS7 colors. It's hard to see if some of the triggers are activated with these new colors.

Posté Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 6:23 pm
I upgraded to 8.2 and just plugged in my NS7 II for the first time everything seems to work ok and make sense except for the pads when using loop.. Before on VDJ7 my 8 pads matched 1 beat, 2 beat, 4 beat, etc... But now I'm not sure what the first 4 pads do??? 5 and 6 are used to change the beat count which is pointless when the parameter to change that is already there.. Pads 7 and 8 move your loop... But from what I can tell Pad 1 does nothing?? Pad 2 is set to some type of pressure sensitivity to make the loop.. Pad 3 turns loop on and off depending on how many beats it is set to.. and Pad 4 is set to some type of cue point but its only set to stutter play from that cue? I tried to change my pads to how they were on VDJ7 but it is setting it globally so if I change to cues they are still used as loops and not cues..

What did you download to fix the pads? Or is there a step I'm missing when I'm programming them to how VDJ7 was?

Posté Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 8:41 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That sounds like the manual loop page, as that is expected behaviour.

Posté Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 9:12 pm

Posté Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 9:13 pm
I'll check it out thank for the info...

Posté Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 9:20 pm
Dpmasterx did you try it?
I'm just looking ns7II used, but I want to make sure that works without a problem

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 6:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)