Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Playing samples in beat sync

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi. I am still quite new to VDJ. I have a Mixtrack 3 controller, but recently added an Akai apc mini to fire off samples etc. Spent a lot of the weekend creating custom banks of samples and organising them, changing how they work etc.

What I am struggling with is this; when i downloaded VDJ it came with a few samples. In one called "instruments" for instance, there is four kick drums, four high hats and four synths. When i play a kick drum, and then bring a high hat in and/or synth, they all stay in sync perfectly. Now, I had 2gb of loopmasters samples with a recent purchase so have added these. I added some of these new bass loops and other loops to the same bank, but when i bring them in (play them after playing a kick drum) they don't stay synced and it sounds awful. I have them set as loops and have the sync lock option selected. I have tried manually changing the BPM of them so that they are the same as the kick drum, but this doesn't work. Can anyone tell me how I can get them to play in sync please. Would be much appreciated.

Posté Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 7:23 am
Think I may have found the answer to this, will have to try tonight. Think i need to load the samples in to one of the decks so that they are analysed and given a beat grid. Funny how its easier to search this site by doing a google search than using the search function within the site.

Posté Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 8:50 am
Dropping them on a deck first was how it had to be done with VDJ 7, but VDJ 8 is (or should be) a bit smarter than that now.

You need to look at the sample editor - but to get to it, you need to put the sample view into list mode rather than pad mode.

EDIT oh no, actually there's a menu option now for the sample editor, on the little dot top right of the sample window.

Once in the sample editor you should see a beat grid similar to the one in the BPM editor, where you can adjust the tempo/timing/loop in & out.

Posté Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 7:41 pm
Thanks groovindj. I have been playing with the samples all night. Loading them into the decks has been working but I'll have a look at the option you mentioned next time and see if I can figure that out. It may help because it's been a pain having to keep putting it in list view to then edit each sample and change names, etc.

Posté Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 10:42 pm
Following. This has been incredibly frustrating for me as well. I've been making custom sample loops that will sync sometimes and sometimes jump out of sync.

Posté Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 5:12 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)