Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Remember EQ settings for each songs

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I think this is a straightforward one: Remember the EQ setting for each song, like eg. the gain setting or the cue points.
For example, there are songs with loud bass and songs with less bass. I always use the EQ for making them sound similar. Now, every time I play these songs, I have to readjust the EQ settings. It would be a great help, if the EQ setting was remembered, so each song plays with its correct EQ settings always.
Of course, this feature should be controlled by a setting "rememberEQsettings yes/no" or similar.

Thank you very much!

Posté Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 8:35 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
+1

Posté Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 12:37 pm
LDJMaxPRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 10:32 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If tracks need re eqing do it outside vdj and rerecord the track, I'm telling you this idea won't be taken on by atomix.

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 10:52 am
Yeah i agree there Loco. Also, the eq within VDJ is fine for mixing tracks with, but not for proper eq adjustment. Its a software eq, and very complicated software at that, so a huge investment in that part of it i doubt was made by atomix. I run my sound out to an analogue mixing desk. the difference between the eq on that, and the software eq within VDJ is night and day. I wouldnt dream of using the VDJ eq for anything other than mixing. To adjust a track it has to be on the mixing desk.

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 11:06 am
locodog wrote :
do it outside vdj and rerecord the track

Agreed. If it's bad enough to need permanent adjustment, then permanently adjust it!

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 5:24 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Advice acknowledged, sir.

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 6:38 pm
groovindj wrote :
locodog wrote :
do it outside vdj and rerecord the track

Agreed. If it's bad enough to need permanent adjustment, then permanently adjust it!

Or delete and find a quality version, lmmfao!!

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 11:02 pm
Not always possible.

Posté Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 5:51 pm
Agree with above. Just change it once in a wave editor like Goldwave or Audacity then job done.

Posté Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 5:54 pm
groovindj wrote :
Not always possible.

Name one?

Posté Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 9:47 pm
OK well one that comes straight to mind is Mr Brightside.

There was a thread on another DJ forum about this track, and it was generally agreed that it sounds really squawky / shouty. There's a lot of midrange rather than a nice balanced mix of frequencies. The DJs there thought that even on good systems, Mr Brightside sounded harsh.

Now I have my own copy that I re-EQed to make it sound more balanced to my ears. Maybe there is another official version available from the artist or label that sounds better, but I'm not aware of it.

Of course there are countless older tracks from the 60s, 70s etc. that sound "flat" or unbalanced (in freq range) in comparison to modern material. Styles change, technology changes. They would have been EQed to suit the playback kit that a typical listener would've had then.

Posté Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 5:14 pm
Hmm ill have to check my copy, as for the really old stuff I dont play any of that stuff but is it really that hard to eq a track while playing??

This just seems lazy to me.

Posté Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 9:01 pm
You think it's "lazy" to spend time using a 30 band EQ in audio editing software to precisely adjust poor sounding tracks, saving the results as new files, rather than trying to do it live using the 3 band EQ in VDJ?

Sorry, does not compute.

Posté Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 9:25 pm
You always make things more complex then they have to be.

Obviously I wasn't talking about a 30band eq, I was referring to the 3band eq on a mixer.......and we weren't even talking about any audio editing software.

We are talking about VDJ and don't say "well we have a 30 band eq plugin".......

I'm done here so if you respond you wont get an answer from me ;-p

Posté Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 9:53 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nah huey,
I get the request, let the machine remember
But the request is too focused,

of 1000 tunes 1 or 2 might need serious re eq ing,

I think in the post digital age new djs expect too much, no matter what a dj needs to be able to ride the eq, it's lengthy to explain to newbs. But that's where the art is.

I'd back to back with ibm's watson and I'd put money on it trainwrecking

Posté Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 1:51 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
You always make things more complex then they have to be.

No - you've just misunderstood.

the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
we weren't even talking about any audio editing software.

Yes we were. Started by locodog, post #4.

Posté Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 9:00 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)