Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Bizarre bug with free version ads

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Finally tracked this one down.

On a recent flight I was using VDJ to listen on my headphones in Automix, but because the laptop wasn't signed in and I had it in flight mode VDJ reverted to the free version.

Even though there was no connection to the internet, the advertisment window came up .... however I noticed a loud Windows "click" on top of the music every 2 minutes. Took a while to track down but it was the "start navigation" sound being triggered by the advertisment window.

Looks like VDJ is polling the servers every 2 minutes for a new ad, but with no connection it is somehow using IE as a client and for some reason the start navigation sound is being played over the music.

Can this please be fixed so it doesn't happen when there is no internet?

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 12:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
one of the first things i do to a computer when its set to play with VirtualDj is to disable Windows sounds, or at least make sure the default Windows sound card is not the one VirtualDJ uses.

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 6:13 am
As this is not my DJ machine there is no need to disable sounds. Also it only has one sound card as there's no need to use an external device for basic music playback.

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 9:05 am
I'm with djdad on this. It's the first thing I do with any of my computers.

If you don't want to hear Windows sounds, disable Windows sounds!

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 6:46 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thanks for the report; this will be fixed :)

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 6:46 pm
Thank you Scott.

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 6:50 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)