Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ8 Video Fader / DJM -900 Nexus

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

clip51PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi Guys,
Fairly NEW with Video DJing in Virtual DJ. I am having issues with Video Fader. When I am mixing Video's, the Video fader remains at 25% of the next Video being played, so on the main screen you see the Video Playing and the next one faintly in the back ground. When I do mix. the Video comes up 100% and now both are playing until I hit the Stop on the CDJ2000Nexus. I did some research and saw a plugin dated back 2013, I installed it and it did not change anything. Have I missed something?

Your replies are greatly appreciated
Clip51

Posté Thu 01 Dec 16 @ 3:36 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using the DJM900Nexus mixer as MIDI ? (e.g. the Crossfader is mapped as crossfader) ?
If yes, there several options i could post here.

If not, the options are ..
- Have the AUTO enabled from the Video panel and use the None Video Transition. This will auto display the Video from the active Deck. While mixing 2 Decks, you will probably still get the Video from the playing deck, until you stop it
or
- Have both LINK and AUTO disabled (from the Video panel). Map a button on your keyboard or other MIDI controller as .. video_transition

Posté Thu 01 Dec 16 @ 6:30 am
Hi DJDad,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have tried what you suggested, and still not working. I have no issues with the Serato and Rekordbox Video Dj'ing. I think it's something got to do with the Midi Mapping of my Volumes I guess, there is something I don't see. Is there a manual out there for a "How To" on Midi Mapping for VDJ?

Thanks
Clip51

Posté Thu 01 Dec 16 @ 2:46 pm
Hi All,

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Clip51

Posté Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 6:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using the Crossfader of the mixer to mix or just the Volume faders ?
If not, do you have that "disabled" ?

Reason asking these questions is to offer you the best video mixing options depending on your mixing style.

I personally dont bother much with the video transition, so i have chosen the "None" Video transition and the AUTO enabled. This way the "audience" sees one video at a time and the "next" video will come out once i done with the mixing.

There are a few more alternatives , but will wait for your reply.

PS. since the DJM-900NXS is natively supported, i assume you are using the mixer as MIDI (faders of the actual unit move the faders on the GUI) and the factory default mapping is used.

Posté Tue 06 Dec 16 @ 12:00 am
Hi Djdad,

Sorry for the late reply. Guess what??? finally got it all working. I came to realize the problem was that I had to manually map the volume faders, left the GUI on "Auto" now everything is working the way I want to. Thank you for your input it lead me into that direction.

Sergio D

Posté Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 4:05 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)