Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Youtube feed charts?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've been doing some research on music charts. The radio charts are not accurate anymore. When I do a school dance I get hit with a handful of songs which aren't on my radar. The problem....YouTube. Teens are using youtube to access music. As of 2012 more so than with any other media. The cloud list feature got me thinking....could a youtube top list be incorporated as a cloudlist?

Posté Sun 12 Feb 17 @ 5:17 pm

Posté Sun 12 Feb 17 @ 6:55 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
yeah but that list is way out of date, and I'm talking about having it come up at a play list in virtual dj like a cloudlist or shazam.

Posté Sun 12 Feb 17 @ 7:51 pm

Posté Sun 12 Feb 17 @ 8:17 pm

Posté Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 1:10 am
I understand that the OP is asking about an automatically updated CloudList that maintains sync with (for example) YouTube's "Popular Music" playlist.

The difficulty here is that YouTube songs aren't accessible using your VirtualDJ license, because YouTube tracks are not licensed for public performance rights, and so aren't in the pool. There isn't an automatic 1:1 correlation between what is available in your library (or subscription) and what songs are posted on YouTube. (VirtualDJ actually removed YouTube videos/audio from ContentUnlimited some updates ago, severely hindering the ability to find certain tracks.)

Somebody would have to create a bot to analyze the songs posted in the YouTube playlist, try and parse enough information to find the same mix in the ContentUnlimited plan, and produce and make available a CloudList based on that. Technically, possible. 100% complete (or even 100% accurate), doubtful.

Posté Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 5:46 am
Well I think my list are pretty close to the YouTube charts.

I might make a monthly cloud list as well but for now I think I've done a pretty good job with my list.

Posté Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 6:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)