Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Duplicate mp3 and mp4 finder program

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everyone, I'm starting to notice I have more duplicates then I'd like to in my music Library Does anybody have a recommendation for any type of a duplicate finder program. could you post a link if you don't mind.

Thanks so much.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 8:16 pm
Ashisoft Duplicate File Finder is what I'd suggest.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 8:21 pm
rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks is there any made for a Mac?

Posté Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 9:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Latest build of VirtualDJ offers a "Duplicates" Filter Folder (with filter->duplicates) which works on both Win and Mac computers, and gathers all your duplicated files

Posté Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 2:48 pm
Is there any way to get this duplicates folder to find duplicates which have the same artist and title, rather than just looking for files which have exactly the same filename? I had lots of duplicates but their filename was not the same.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 2:51 pm
The s/w I mentioned can do that - and much more besides. Can even do a digital comparison.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 5:14 pm
The best way would be for a standard genre tagging system, then at least you wouldn't end up with the same file twice in the same genre. Providing it was named correctly of course.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 5:22 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djdad wrote :
Latest build of VirtualDJ offers a "Duplicates" Filter Folder (with filter->duplicates) which works on both Win and Mac computers, and gathers all your duplicated files

Do we need to make a filter or is it supposed to be already in the filters?
I have the early release 3678 and it is not showing up.
Also re installed the latest build 3671. Still duplicates filter does not show.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 2:27 pm
Its not working for me I setup a filter folder filter duplicates and scope database and none show up.I know I have a couple 100.That pc has a 2nd drive in it with all the music on it.I tried it on a pc with only C drive in it and it works?? b3671

Posté Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 4:31 pm
It will only find them if they have EXACTLY the same filename. Which is a shame, would be much better if it looked for files which have the same artist and title. It's a start though :)

Posté Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 10:13 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)