Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual DJ7 Cutting Out

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi everyone.

Firstly, I'm not a professional but I've used VDJ7 for about 4 or 5 years. All has worked well up until now. I add songs to my playlist, press play, and all works fine for about 10 minutes until the music just completely stops for no apparent reason and won't play again. I've tried un-installing and re-installing VDJ7 but the same thing keeps happening and I can't work out why.

By the way, I have paid for the PRO FULL version of VDJ7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posté Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 3:02 pm
Does it play for ten minutes at a time each time your restart the software? sounds like you are not logged in with your license in the software.

Posté Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 3:14 pm
Yep, plays for about 10 minutes each time and then cuts out. I have double checked and I am logged in to my account, and it says I have the VDJ7 Full Pro licence. I am mystified.

Posté Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 3:18 pm
well you are logged on in this forum fine, so should be fine on VDJ as well, assuming you are doing both on the same machine. You are not logged on on three or more computers are you? the ten minute thing is normally for home users when they hook up gear to try it out. But pro users shouldn't have it.

Posté Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 3:22 pm
Nope. I was logged in on an older laptop, that I replaced and I've not had for about 2 years now, but other than that. This is the only machine that I've used.

Posté Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 3:26 pm
is there a reason why you haven't upgraded to 8?

Posté Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 3:28 pm
Funny you should say that, I've just this minute downloaded 8. Like I say, I'm not a professional, I just work in a bar and use it for the occasional party or disco night. And with VDJ7 always working fine and reliably for me, I just never bothered upgrading. But now, I think I'll have to.

Posté Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 3:34 pm
Just downloaded and tried VDJ8 too. Guess what, the music cut out after about 10 minutes.

Posté Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 3:50 pm
You've not mentioned it, but are you using a controller?

VDJ 8 needs you to be logged into the software (so you need internet when 8 starts up) in order to recognise that you hold the correct license.

VDJ 7 requires you to have a valid serial number. @Andy, VDJ 7 uses serial numbers. It doesn't work like 8 licensing.

It sounds like either you're not using VDJ 7 Pro or you're not logged in to VDJ 8.

Ten minutes is the standard trial length for using hardware without the correct license.

Posté Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 5:29 pm
Hi Groovindj,

I do use a controller when I have my full setup going. It's a Numark IDJ3.

However, I've tried it without having the whole system set up (Just having VDJ7 and VDJ8 playing on my laptop with the sound coming through the laptop speakers) and I still have the same problem whether I use the controller or not.

Posté Sat 22 Apr 17 @ 11:21 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)