Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Sujet Mapper syntax question for "pitch"

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Pro 8.1 User, using Behringer Controller
The controller has a knob (with a ring of corresponding LED's around it) that I use to control a decks' pitch.
By just mapping "deck x pitch", the knob works and the ring of LED's work with it. My problem is that the amount of change to the pitch made by the slightest adjustment is a bit too much. I can lessen this by adjusting the pitch range, but I like to keep it at 10%.
In my mapping, what would the syntax be make the percentage of change lower. I'm guessing it involves the use of the "var" command but I've not used that one much to get a complete grasp of how it works..
Thanks!

Posté Wed 17 May 17 @ 12:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Even if you decrease the dial sensitivity then the range will be cut, that's just a law of logic.

An idea has just mind though, if you can use shift+dial as standard pitch control [as you have now] and then have the dial without shift pressed for super refined pitch [say +- 1%], may be something super fine but relative.

maybe sacrifice some of the range at the -10 to -8% [do you ever really go down that low?] then maybe you'd get the pitch precision you want.

I'm away from any thing with a dial to test stuff for you for a good few days though.

Posté Wed 17 May 17 @ 3:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
you can try to adjust the pitch in BPM steps (absolute mode) by using the pitch +/-x bpm action.
Eg for an endless encoder..
param_bigger 0 ? pitch +0.01 bpm : pitch -0.01 bpm

Posté Wed 17 May 17 @ 6:58 pm
Couldn't get one to work. The command sits in one of those very long "Action_deck 1 ..... Action_deck 2.....etc" Because the knob is in a row of knobs not individually native to vdj. I have to use the Action deck syntax to make them work and some conditional commands don't seem to like being in there.

Posté Wed 17 May 17 @ 7:15 pm
Which Behringer controller exactly is the one you are using and what is the name of the knob in the mapping ?

Posté Thu 18 May 17 @ 11:28 am
Hey there. It's the Behringer CMD-DC1. All "buttons" were individually mappable, but it has two rows of knobs that only have a "TOP_KNB" and "BTM_KNB" designation. I've had to use the "action_deck" syntax to assign different functions to each knob and have noticed over the years that (I guess) since the line already has 4 conditional statements (the action_deck's......) other conditional commands embedded in there don't work (and make all the other commands on the row not work).
Since my pitch controls are on #1 and #4 in that row, I've not been able to "vary" the pitch command in any usable way...
Side note: I think the drastic change is the software's attempt to fit the function into a "7-o'clock" to "5-o'clock" swing of the knob, matched with its corresponding LED light (like a clock face). I wouldn't mind if the knob (and LEDs) became infinite to make the change way smaller than it currently is...

Posté Thu 18 May 17 @ 6:14 pm
Not sure how you want each knob to be mapped as, but here is an example...
action_deck 1 ? param_bigger 0 ? deck 1 pitch +0.01 bpm : deck 1 pitch -0.01 bpm : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 filter : action_deck 3 ? : deck 2 filter : param_bigger 0 ? deck 2 pitch +0.01 bpm : deck 2 pitch -0.01 bpm
The action above maps #1 (action_deck 1) as pitch absolute by 0.01 BPM steps, #2 and #3 as deck filters, and #4 same as #1 but for deck 2.

Posté Thu 18 May 17 @ 10:01 pm
Very cool. The swinging LED doesn't work, but the knob functions infinitely (and at small increments).
Thanks much!

Posté Fri 19 May 17 @ 1:10 pm
For the LED, you may need to explicitly map it as..

action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pitch : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 filter : action_deck 3 ? : deck 2 filter : deck 2 pitch

Posté Fri 19 May 17 @ 3:10 pm
Victory! On all aspects.
Thanks again. I never even saw the mapper line for the LED until you said that.
:-)

Posté Fri 19 May 17 @ 3:52 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)