Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Requesting the ability to use 2-fingers on the trackpad to grab and slowly adjust track position without having to click the trackpad

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Greetings, I'm a diehard VDJ fan. Often, I like to mix with my laptop, soundcard, and external mixer-only. I use my laptop keyboard for play/stop and cue point control over two virtual decks. The problem I'm experiencing is that when I grab the non-playing (or headphone-cued) deck with the trackpad (by two-finger clicking over the spinning wheel on the screen) the track scrolls forward and/or back waaaay too fast to be useful. What I'm trying to do is finely adjust track position in order to set a cue point.

If you try to mix a few tracks using just your trackpad and keyboard, you'll immediately see what I'm talking about. My primary DJ software is always going to be VDJ but I had to rely on algoriddim's djay Pro for a year because I needed access to Spotify at a gig. That program has many limitations, but it does offer some really intuitive trackpad options. I mostly got used to grabbing a deck with two fingers on the trackpad in order to fine-tune a track's position before setting a cue point.

Currently, it works the way I need it to with one finger but only after clicking the trackpad. That's wonky because you have to click and keep it clicked as you move the virtual platter. Same thing if you click on the waveform instead of the platter. If you click and keep the trackpad depressed, you can fine adjust the track position but it's not as easy as it would be if you could do that by two-finger trackpad scrolling. That would be my new feature request: the ability to use 2-fingers on the trackpad to grab and slowly adjust track position without having to click the trackpad.

Like many DJ's I mix with funk, soul, breaks and other stuff with live drums, like 99% of the time, and can't rely on any beatgridding to help me out.

Peace from Oakland, California

Posté Sat 20 May 17 @ 8:47 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)