Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Vocal Extractor/Remover overhaul

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Obviously I realise live vocal extraction will never be perfect - i'm not asking for miracles, but I would like to suggest a bit of a mod to the old long standing vocal extractor plugin to make it more useful in more scenarios.

My request / suggestion would be changing the old guitar & mic graphic you click on and off to just being opposite ends of a fader (eg most modern controllers effect parameter knobs).

The reason is;
(a) turning knob left or right on controller would be quicker and more intuitive than clicking icons in sub-screens to bring vocals or backing in or out, and
(b) being able to use it incrementally like a crossfader between vocal and instrumental would allow you to boost the vocal proportionally on tracks with a softer or weaker voice that otherwise can get lost in the mix behind layers of other decks playing, samplers, etc or vice versa without fully killing either.

I just thought allowing it to be used like this it would matter less that the extraction isn't ever going to be perfect, as it wouldn't need to be, since it wouldn't matter if any artifacts are inevitably left behind as the target sound could just faded a bit rather than always trying to do a full kill. Especially since the groundwork and original plugin have been around for literally ages.

Posté Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 2:01 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Find a eq vst that has a wet/dry dial, with the dial fully wet, manipulate the eq to cut the freqs in the vocal range, then you might get the results you want (of course linking the wet/dry dial to your controller dial) (I have a blog on how to set a controller dial to a specific effect dial for a specific fx)

Posté Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 4:02 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)