Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Locking screen

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Anyone else would find it handy to have a function to lock the screen when DJing... for example going to the loo?! I would lock laptop with windows but VDJ doesn't seem to like that for some reason.

Posté Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 7:16 pm
Surely there's no need to lock the screen when you're at home?

In other words, a Controller/Plus license is for home use only.

Posté Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 7:53 pm
I often lock windows when leaving the laptop.
I haven't had any issues with it regarding VDJ. That just continues to play
I'm on Win 7 if that makes a difference

Posté Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 8:11 pm
I don't have any issues by locking Windows either... Could you please explain what happens / why VirtualDj doesn't like it when you lock windows ?

Posté Mon 21 Aug 17 @ 11:31 am
JuskiPRO SubscriberMember since 2016
+1 for this feature to be added either as a plugin or natively. I've tried locking my laptop screen. It works fine for as long as the screen is locked but really doesn't like working when I unlock it again. Why, I don't know. Besides merely locking the screen isn't enough because I also use a controller. If I leave my booth when I'm DJing it's for a good reason & I really don't want any fool to mess with the music while I'm gone.

So please, is there any shadow of a chance we could have a locking feature which also defeats the controller buttons etc? Or point me in the right direction if there's any API/script calls that might be useful for this.

Posté Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 11:40 am
+1 When using the standard Windows lock it does affect the video playback; but not the audio.

Posté Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 1:07 pm
+2 When using new video features and locking windows the Second Monitor goes blank.

Where if VDJ Locked the use of all features until a passcode was entered the 2nd display would stay active with visuals and songs would play.

Posté Sat 21 Jul 18 @ 7:20 pm
Appears you just want to prevent casual access to your computer. You can try Toddler keys. It's free and easy. Locks the keyboard, mouse and main display. Other displays are left on. You can use any passkey you want. When keyboard is locked you can still enter your pass key.

https://download.cnet.com/Toddler-Keys/3000-27064_4-10305344.html

Does not prevent being powered down, theft, Ctrl+Alt+Del, or being hit with a hammer. You could put computer in a bolted down lock box if it was that kind of concern.

Posté Sat 21 Jul 18 @ 10:36 pm
Agreed that a lock feature would be a great addition to Virtual DJ, especially if it disables controller function.

Posté Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 12:04 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Controller lock is easy (excluding non midi stuff), as is keyboard (at script level), you could also switch the skin to something with no elements, let me have a test.

Posté Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 2:04 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)