Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Numark DJ2Go2 - Page: 4

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

It's $49.00, look here.

Posté Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 8:25 pm
gf1987Home userMember since 2018
Hello

I'm in the process of starting up my own music nights and plan to do the DJing myself, and was considering getting the DJ2Go2.

The music is all going to be indie/guitar-based so there's not going to be much in the way of advanced mixing or the line, and the venue is relatively small although with a good PA system. Would the DJ2Go2 do the job for what I need it do?

As it's early days I don't want to be paying too much as a) it might not work out and b) if it does work out, I'd be willing to upgrade once it takes off!

Cheers!

Posté Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 8:22 pm
Did you read the earlier comments in this thread?

Posté Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 8:28 pm
I would say no - don't use the DJ2GO2 for what you've described.

IMO it's OK as something to use at home, or as an emergency backup, but I think that as a main controller for regular use it's too limited.

Buy something in the mid range rather than the cheapest possible option. If your plan doesn't work out then you'll be able to sell a decent controller far easier than a bargain bucket device.

Posté Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 8:31 pm
gf1987Home userMember since 2018
I've mostly been looking at more expensive ones (probably around the £150 - 200 area), but I kept seeing this one popping up in different places and some of the reviews etc looked like it'd maybe do the job so thought I'd ask about it anyway and see what people thought...the search continues!

Ta.

Posté Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:10 pm
I would recommend it. I have had one for a while now and there's nothing wrong with it for occasional use.

Posté Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:21 pm
vidanesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just got it and would like to use the jog wheels while the track is playing to be able to fast-forward or rewind to find a cue point.

Could someone let me know what mapping do I need to modify for this to happen? The setting is on dj Pro 2 ´out of the box´, so I am certain that it can be achieved.

Posté Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 7:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
vidanes wrote :
The setting is on dj Pro 2 ´out of the box´, so I am certain that it can be achieved.

With what key combination is this achieved on Dj pro , or is this something that you choose from the GUI ?

In VDJ this is offered when the action wheel_mode 'search' action (assigned to a button) is enabled

Posté Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 9:22 am
djdad wrote :
vidanes wrote :
The setting is on dj Pro 2 ´out of the box´, so I am certain that it can be achieved.

With what key combination is this achieved on Dj pro , or is this something that you choose from the GUI ?

In VDJ this is offered when the action wheel_mode 'search' action (assigned to a button) is enabled

There is no setting in dj Pro 2 to control this as it is a really basic piece of software.

When using the jogwheels (no key combination):

1) When the song is paused, both VDJ and dj Pro make the song go back and forth in a similar way.
2) When the song is playing, dj Pro allows it to fast-forward or rewind at a similar pace that when the song is paused. Whereas in VDJ it seems to slightly speed or slow the song rather slightly.

I checked the key JOG in VDJ and it is set up as jogwheel which is causing this behaviour.

I changed the setting to wheel_mode as per your suggestion. However, when I do this then the jogwheel stops working.

I have also tried using jogwheel +0.05 and then it works a bit faster (similar) but it only makes the song go forward even when turning the jogwheel backwards.

Any idea how to get the same behaviour when the song is playing or is paused?

Posté Fri 16 Feb 18 @ 8:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
vidanes wrote :
2) When the song is playing, dj Pro allows it to fast-forward or rewind at a similar pace that when the song is paused. Whereas in VDJ it seems to slightly speed or slow the song rather slightly.
Any idea how to get the same behaviour when the song is playing or is paused?

Leave the action for the JOG to jogwheel.
Select Vinyl/CD mode from the Deck options to get one or the other behavior

You can have a custom/controller button mapped as ... vinyl_mode .. to toggle

Posté Sat 17 Feb 18 @ 5:02 am
That did it! Thank you so much DJdad!

Posté Sat 17 Feb 18 @ 9:15 am
N1ckYDControlleristMember since 2016
Hi. I have just bought the Numark DJ2GO2. I find in the recommended Serato DJ Lite, I can use the two large round wheels to 'slow' the tracks ever so slightly when they are out of sync. I dont know if this is called 'nudge' or whatever, but it works really well in Serato. My problem is that I want to use Virtual DJ8. In VDJ8, the wheels only seem to scratch further up and down, plus it cuts the music out, whereas in Serato it keeps playing just being nudged every so slightly. Can someone help me to map or adjust something in VDJ8 so that I can do this similar, 'slowing' or 'nudging'. Thanks for your help.

Posté Mon 19 Mar 18 @ 11:19 am
Read the post two above yours!

Posté Mon 19 Mar 18 @ 11:32 am
I think is a great back up unit. Having lots of fun with it

Posté Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 3:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)