Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Overlapping Tracks in Automix without a Fade

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

waynophHome userMember since 2014
Apologies if this is already out there somewhere but I couldn't find it while searching...
I'm looking for a feature for automix that allows you to overlap tracks without a fade or cut so both tracks play at full volume as if you were playing songs on both desks. At the moment, you only have the option to fade or cut into the next song, even the 'radio' feature fades the song currently playing but I would like it to continue playing to the end in the background as the new song starts.
Is there anything out there that can do this?

Posté Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 8:34 am
Basically it would be like having the song play back to back but allowing us to overlap the tracks with no cuts or fades. Would this be possible to either add as a feature of does anyone know of an add-on that can do this?
Thanks.

Posté Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 7:26 am
I don't think so - On top of my head I can't think of a way
Automix types Back to back (without overlap) or cut in, fade out is the closest I think
Also the Automix editor will do the fading even with long transitions, because it respects the selected automix type

I guess it would be pretty simple to add an "Overlap - no fade" option in automix type, which would then also work in the Automix editor

But wouldn't it sound horrible if 2 random tracks in different BPM's were blasting away on top of each other?
Like a really bad mix?

Posté Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 7:47 am
I don't mean for both songs to be playing over each other, I have lots of songs that have a natural fade at the end so I would like to just use that natural fade and start playing a song over the top while it fades out rather than have automix take over.
It doesn't have to be an automix feature, maybe there is a command I can use to automatically start playing the opposite deck at a certain point in the song without having it fade or cut?
Automix would be better but I will take either.

Posté Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 7:55 am
waynoph wrote :
I don't mean for both songs to be playing over each other, I have lots of songs that have a natural fade at the end so I would like to just use that natural fade and start playing a song over the top while it fades out rather than have automix take over.

Oh, yes that makes sense :)

Posté Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 8:34 am
waynoph wrote :
maybe there is a command I can use to automatically start playing the opposite deck at a certain point in the song without having it fade or cut

Yes, it's called DJing. :-)

By using Automix, you're asking the computer to do the mixing for you. To make the decisions, and mix where it sees fit.

If you want control, then you don't use Automix! :-)

Posté Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 9:11 am
Yes, that's why I would prefer it as an automix option, I only intend to use it when I need to step away.
I'm just saying if someone has already made a controller that can do this, it will have to do for now as I believe you can set commands in the POI editor.

Posté Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 9:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)