Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet Skin design question (for a comment separator)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Windows 8.1 Pro User here. Decided to switch to a different skin. Love the skin but it doesn't show 'comments' anywhere on the deck view and I rely on that one a lot.
I've modified its script to include the comment field in the 'Author' line, but I'm looking for a creative separating character as it scrolls.
All I've come up with is two brackets [ + ] to make a little box. Tried putting in spaces, but they were ignored. Tried 'underscores' but they showed up.
Not sure if there's a hotkey combination that would generate a nice symbol of some sort sort to separate the fields..
Thanks much!

Posté Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 12:15 pm
Paste here the modified line

Posté Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 4:56 pm
<text font="ARIAL" align="left" size="15" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" format="%Author [] %comment [] `get_loaded_song 'playcount'`" scroll="yes"/>

Posté Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 5:20 pm
If I was doing this, I would add the comment text to the area below the author (where pitch/key/gain is displayed). No need for scrolling then.

It could either be made switchable between comment and pitch/key/gain, or just remove the pitch and gain. I would move the key to another location.

Posté Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 5:30 pm
Ha! I'd love to (because that info is either unused by me, or repeated elsewhere), but I'm a newbie at tinkering with skins, and have only figured out how to tweak the language to a skins' structure that already exists; I don't know how to modify the actual structure itself.
That's why I was trying to tinker with it to include the info on my deck view *somewhere*...

Posté Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 5:39 pm
Which skin is it? I'm sure we can give you a helping hand :-)

Posté Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 5:42 pm
Holy crap, that would be awesome... It's this one...

He has a couple of them. This is the one for versions PRIOR TO 8.2.

Posté Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 5:54 pm
did anyone come up with a solution for this?

Posté Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 7:18 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)