Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Can't use a fog machine - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

If you want one they're £659 from Thomann.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 5:15 pm
bigron1 wrote :
Beatbreaker I don't know your layout for smaller venues but this is my smaller venue layout then I drop down to a 42" tv. It may help.

A school or boardroom ultra short throw projector is fine since all the videos at the likes of Extendamix are 720i. Therefore a 1200 x 800 resolution is fine. 1080i is still not really needed.

I would NEVER use anything smaller then 60"!!

We don't even have a 42" anywhere in our house, lmao!!

The projectors were for a slide the couple wanted so I went huge and the couple was happy with the way everything turned.

When it comes to video Ron I think I'm good there as far as receiving advice unless it's some new tech but thanks...

And yeah Groovin I'm looking at few different ones now and a dry ice blower as well.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 5:18 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
It was not just for you..I did a lot of work, and found little in this forum to help.
It's really for all the new people and you if you did not know how the short throw projectors work.
It's finishing something I started a year ago.
Don't take offence..if you know all about it great.

42" fits in a car on the parcel shelf !
That is important for mobility.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 5:28 pm
100" will fit in my truck or trailer, I don't care about mobility. Just like djing you have to upgrade your vehicle as well......

Sure you can start out like I did, I used to be able to fit everything in my truck but after this past year my truck no longer cut so I bought a trailer to haul everything around.

This game is all about upgrading or you'll be left behind........

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 5:34 pm
I'm at it again. I know your a beginner at mobile DJ work Beatbreaker (by the way I think you could be brilliant). Mobility for a mobile DJ is critical. Sorry.. but your comment about not worrying about mobility is negative, and impedes those who do want to be mobile DJ's.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 7:16 pm
Real DJs don't use cars :-)

Transit van FTW.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 7:18 pm
Were talking about mobile DJ's and you are not really that qualified to venture into that area, or video, or karaoke.
You are an expert in many areas..but not all.
I mean £600 and odd for a haze machine? 99% of mobile DJ's have a tight budget and such an item is not for them.
I think real DJ's like cars..vans are so crude.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 7:22 pm
Not qualified? I've been a mobile DJ since the 80s.

As for budget, speak for yourself. A lot of DJs pride themselves on the kit they use, and spend a fortune on it. Then again, that's because they make enough money from their work to do so. Not everyone's a Sixty Quid Sid.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 7:43 pm
and spend a fortune on it

That's a role model I'd like to steer the young away from..it's toxic.

Not everyone's a Sixty Quid Sid.

Don't look down on £60 Sid..there are 1000's of Sid's for every Groovin.

Your so good in so many areas.
I often learn from you..

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 7:54 pm
bigron1 wrote :

That's a role model I'd like to steer the young away from..it's toxic.

No - there's nothing wrong with investing in high quality professional level kit - if you can afford to do so.

Like I said, if you're charging clients appropriately and making a profit, then reinvesting some of that profit is surely standard business practice.

Of course Sixty Quid Sid isn't going to spend £600 on a hazer - see above.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 8:03 pm
Niice hazer @Groovin. Never even knew it existed.

The fog from the machine in the 80s club I work in is is almost poisonous. Can't see them even spending £60 on a better machine rather than £600 though.

Posté Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 9:48 am
Here we go again, this thread is about the use of smoke machines. Beatbreaker, smoke detectors come in a few varieties. Ionization alarms will go off if you use smoke. if you use too much haze, they will also go off. The problem is, most venues don't know which type of alarms they have. There is also the photoelectric alarm, and then the combination. Unfortunately, venues are not really interested in taking a chance. I can tell you from experience, that the fire department, is even less interested, when they show up. They made everyone get out of the gym, and made us stand outside for an hour, even though they knew it was my machine that set off the alarm.

Older buildings may have the ionization alarms, but the truth is, you never know. I don't know what they have in my club, but one of the managers uses so much, that I can't even see what's going on. Call a Fire Marshall and ask for some insight.

Posté Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 10:12 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)