Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

For reporting any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ
(NOTE: VirtualDJ continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Sujet Deck Unload Time
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm using Fruit skin. When I right click on the Pause/Stop button, the deck unloads, but it takes 2 seconds. Is there a setting where I can change/shorten that time?

Posté Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 7:34 pm
I think it takes that long so that its not recorded as an accidental press of the mouse.

Posté Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 8:55 pm
It's a right click. It would have to be pretty deliberate. VDJ8 default skin unloads in half the time. (1 sec vs 2 with Fruit)

Posté Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 2:41 pm
look in the XML file.. edit and search UNLOAD

I quickly look it up and this is what I saw (several palces, I assumes is for each deck needed to be changed) or ask FRUIT.
I assuming the 1500ms is the timer.

ton x="+88" class="deckbuttonflat" action="stop_button" rightclick="holding 1500ms ? unload : goto_first_beat" tooltip="PAUSE/STOP\nRightclick to go to 1st beat\nHold right to unload the song"><icon sysicon="stop_button" width="32" height="32" /></button>
<button x="+88" class="deckbutton" action="stop_button" rightclick="holding 1500ms ? unload : goto_first_beat" tooltip="PAUSE/STOP\nRightclick to go to 1st beat\nHold right to unload the song"><icon sysicon="stop_button" width="32" height="32" /></button>

Posté Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 2:58 pm
OK. is that in the skin's ZIP file in the Skins folder?

Posté Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 3:16 pm
OK I got it. I edited it to 500ms and it works perfect. Thank you.

Posté Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 3:30 pm
Just out of my own curiosity, why do you need the deck to unload so fast? Is there a time issue you have?
Personally I like it to take a moment to unload, as its easy to miss-click and then have to set up a track all over again....
I just dont understand the urgency over 1 second......

Posté Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 8:37 pm
MickyMix250 wrote :
Just out of my own curiosity, why do you need the deck to unload so fast? Is there a time issue you have?
Personally I like it to take a moment to unload, as its easy to miss-click and then have to set up a track all over again....
I just dont understand the urgency over 1 second......

It's just a thing. When I want it to unload, I want it to unload quickly. The default skin unloads quicker than the Fruit skin. I was used to that before I switched to Fruit. So, I edited the Fruit skin and changed the unload time to 1/2 second.

Posté Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 8:40 pm