Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Echodoppler

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello friends.

The Echodoppler is one of my favorite VDJ effects. However, when I turn the intensity up and it's around 70% and up, it lowers the track's volume considerably. I'm assuming this is a problem with the effect itself, but is there a way around this?

Posté Sun 11 Mar 18 @ 2:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That's the limiter kicking in, give yourself more headroom by setting your track gain lower or dropping the gain as you increase the fx strength.

Posté Sun 11 Mar 18 @ 4:27 pm
The thing is that I try to balance it off with the filter, but it only slightly masks what's happening. Is there a way to turn that limiter off?

Posté Sun 11 Mar 18 @ 7:42 pm
No you can't turn the limiter off, and if you could the result would be terrible ear piercing/ speaker breaking digital distortion, with fx that louden the sound the key is headroom.

I think echo doppler is a v7 fx when it was encouraged to write limiter code into the plugin, a script therefore a script observing the limiter kicking in won't work, the gain, nursing the gain is you only option.

Posté Sun 11 Mar 18 @ 9:37 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why not just stop at 70% then if it gets too loud above anyway?

Posté Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 5:03 am
can we please get an updated version of this... possibly native. Echo Doppler is my favourite FX. It's the old version I prefer too, not the newer one. Which I've just accidentally replaced via an installer and can't find the other one.

Edit: Depending on which page you visit, gives you a different version but the same name and logo!!! The version only downloadable through VDJ doesn't have as many features but is the one I want. The version downloadable via the downloads section has more features but doesn't work as required for the specific task in mind.

What's going on here?

There's the plugin index has to be downloaded from with in VDJ
https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80120&search=echodoppler

and the addons page both are different FX. I wonder if others are different too
https://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12067/EchoDoppler.html

Posté Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 10:54 pm
First link was made for v8
Second link was made for v7

Posté Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 12:39 am
Thank you loco. I'm back on track now. Everything is all go!

Posté Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 1:44 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)