Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Addons

Sujet VDJ DARK - Page: 1

Posté Wed 09 May 18 @ 3:06 pm
Thanks for this!!
I was looking for this for a long time.
The default one but with with darker colours scheme and no shiny effect under the waves!
They should just let it be an option out of the box. Different colours schemes for the skin, with no shiny effects and a "flat" option for buttons.

Posté Mon 04 Jun 18 @ 2:59 pm
I'm glad you liked it

Posté Wed 06 Jun 18 @ 4:16 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Were is the code to this I would like to change it color The box in yellow
and change the BPM to 2 numbers also not 4

Posté Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 3:16 pm
You want to change the box itself (the background), or the text inside the box?

Which parts? The words 'gain' and 'key', or the dB and Camelot key?

Two digits for BPM? Are you only playing tracks up to 99BPM?

Posté Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 4:34 pm
groovindj wrote :
You want to change the box itself (the background), or the text inside the box?

Which parts? The words 'gain' and 'key', or the dB and Camelot key?

Two digits for BPM? Are you only playing tracks up to 99BPM?

the #’s or both and yes just 99 only

Posté Fri 29 Jun 18 @ 3:39 am
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
This is my favourite VDJ 8 skin by far. Many thanks for it!

Posté Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 12:22 pm
i cant activated on my virtual dj 8 why?

Posté Wed 13 Mar 19 @ 4:07 pm
How do I remove this ? Icon and Features

Posté Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 3:13 pm
Why? If you don't need it, just don't click it!

Posté Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 4:03 pm
Hi there
I'm currently using your this skin, it's fantastic. What I would like to ask and see if anyone could do is add additional info elements to the display window, you know the section where it display the Artist & Track etc.
So as there is space within this window, I was hoping someone could add additional info from the tag editor section, for example the year etc.

Ideally I would like the following info adding to this space (if possible) ?
Year
Genre
Comment

Is this do-able ? If someone can (I can't, I've no idea with this kinda stuff) then that would be wonderful. Many thanks

Posté Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 8:15 am
You already asked about this here three days ago, and were given answers. There's no need to ask exactly the same question again in another thread.

Posté Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 8:54 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Meh he's asked the skin maker, I'll squash the other thread

Posté Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 10:39 am
It was indeed another thread, but this was directly aimed at the very skin itself "thread", in my wisdom I thought I would be able to target people who perhaps used this skin or had the knowledge to help me or perhaps would offer to take on the challenge of doing the said adjustments for me. I wasn't actually given the answers as you say, I was offered some helpful advise, yes but I didn't & haven't been able to resolve or get the skin how I would like it. I wasn't aware that you couldn't perhaps ask the same question on a different thread, is this against the rules or something?

Posté Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 11:06 am
WildstarDJ wrote :
I wasn't actually given the answers

Well that's a matter of opinion I guess. You were given answers - maybe not the ones you wanted (but you didn't give much info), but you got answers.

What did you expect? Someone to post all the XML code for you?

It would help if you could be more specific about exactly where you want the info to be displayed. As I said in the other thread, the area is not very big, and is already occupied by the artist and title info. To get anything else in there, the existing info would need to be made smaller.

There's no point in somebody posting code, then you coming back later and saying that's not how you wanted it. Specify exactly where and how the info should be displayed, and we can go from there.

Posté Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 11:24 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
WildstarDJ wrote :
I wasn't aware that you couldn't perhaps ask the same question on a different thread, is this against the rules or something?

Cross posting can be annoying for the people who might help you. And is generally poor form anywhere on the web.

I think you've thrown the towel in a bit too easily on this one, with a bit of tinkering on your part, just editing the existing textzones you'd get a feel for it. (you'd probably done it by now) Generally people who try and get stuck get help easier than people who ask "do it for me" , but it's your call.

Posté Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 12:22 pm
FYI there's a skin called The Thing that displays artist and title by default, but when either are clicked on, it shows comment, rating, genre, album and year.

Try that one....

Posté Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 12:42 pm
Ok, let's see if we can start again. I appreciate you (and others) are trying to help me and I understand you require more information from me, so I'll try and be as specific as possible.

I'm definitely not wanting someone to post up lines of code for me, as I have no idea what or how to deal with it, I wish I did..but I don't, so ideally it would be great if you could "write the code" or do whatever you have to within the program itself and then post up the entire complete skin with the adjustments/amendments that I would like. This to some may sound lazy or even cheeky, but I'm also a firm believe of helping people who are in a position or can easily & quickly help others through their own means of knowledge & know how. Hence, why I posted the question. It's also what I do for others on my know how on subjects & matters that I'm extremely knowledgeable about.

Now, I have taken a closer look at the current skin I use (VDJ Dark) and yes you are correct there is very little space within this box to add the 3 main extra bits of info I require (Year, Genre & Comment) but again I'm naive to what can or can't be done here..is it possible to add an extra text line underneath with this info on perhaps, I would guess this would involve more work, I get that, but is it possible, I don't know? Can the text be made a little bit smaller in just these boxes? I know you can adjust the overall text size on the skin, but that effects the whole skin text size.
This is the help I was seeking, the advice I received as much I as looked into this, there's no way I can get my head around it, but of course you or someone certainly will be able to, much quicker & easier than myself ever could.
Where exactly this info goes or what order it is displayed in, I wouldn't be too fussed about, as long as I can see it.

The VideoVision skin I used on VDJ7 didn't have the 3 bits of info I wanted, so I asked this very same question and someone kindly did the request for me & posted up the skin with these bits added, I was very grateful and I appreciated his time & effort he had put in for me.
Kradcliffe did offer an alternative & gave me a modified skin he used, which I was very grateful for, which I will use if I don't get any joy with regards to this skin.

Posté Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 12:45 pm
You'e still being very non specific! The best way I can see of adding the three bits of info would be to make the existing text areas (artist and title) narrower - so they'd be more inclined to scroll if you had long info there.

Year isn't going to take up much room, as it's just four numbers, but genre could - depending on exactly how you use/what you put in that tag. Do you normally just assign one genre to a track? The comment info is probably the worst potential problem. What kind of comments do you put in your tags? Short? Long?

Does all this need to be displayed at all times, or would it be OK if you needed to click, to see one then the other?

Posté Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 12:56 pm
Sorry, I'm really not trying to be sparse with the info.

I use the comment field for chart positions of that track & my genres are generally quite small in length too, my longest begin probably "Rock/Alternative" the others are generally like Pop 80's/Soul etc.
The comment field as I say I use for chart positions so the longest it will ever be is something like No.1 (6 Wks) or No.27 or whatever, so again quite small

Ideally display all at the same time (in a 3rd row) however, if it had to be clicked on, then fair enough I'd go with that too, I appreciated anything as I'd compromise on what can/can't be done etc.

An example of what my field ideally would be displayed as:

Madonna
Who's That Girl
1987 No.1 (1 Wk) Pop 80's

Again, I don't mind if Title is first & the Artist, neither am I bothered what order the Year, Genre or Comment comes; any combo would be fine

Hope this helps & again my apologises on the vague info

Posté Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 1:29 pm
57%